cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Scared to quit , scared to smoke .

Maki
3 4 206

Was it worth it … to quit smoking ? Heck ya .

Did I always think so at first ? Absolutely not  . I hated everything about quitting . The constant thoughts , the craves , the psychological part, the emotional part , everything ! 

Was it hard  ? It was more than uncomfortable , I can tell you that lol , and I know many of you can resonate with that .  
It was gut wrenchingly painful for more than a year quite frankly ( for me anyway )

So hard,  yes it was , gut wrenchingly painful yes that too , but that wasn’t a bad thing , in fact it was a good thing . It was hard for a good reason . To learn about myself .  From quitting smoking I can’t tell you how many times I have used and applied what I learned to other hard things in my life . I don’t think I would have gotten through them had I hadn't had a hard time during my quit . These are life lessons that books and teachers can’t teach you . Life lessons that taught me that can be strong , that I can set a goal and achieve that goal and I now know that I have ability to do what I think I can’t do and do it well . So lots of things I didn’t expect . 

I think  back to my early days when I was scared that I couldn’t or wouldn’t be able to live life without a cigarette and I remember being so scared that if I continued to smoke I wouldn’t live another year . I was scared of both but what was the better option ? 

Like those who had many years quit before me who spoke proudly of their freedom I wanted that too so I just kept plugging along one day at a time come he’ll or high water , good days and bad . I began to think more about life than smoking and I stopped wondering when it would be over and started accepting that it was over . 

I had one purpose only coming to a quit site eleven plus years ago , just one purpose only . It wasn’t to TRY  to be an ex smoker , it was to BE an ex smoker and to be a non smoker for the rest of my life . I got so much more . 

Not one person here in my opinion can’t have what they came here to do . The only thing that stands in our way ( imo) any given day is our thoughts , not a cigarette . You don’t have ‘‘em , you can’t smoke ‘em . That cigarette finds its way to our mouth only by our thoughts and the action we take and  a quit will stick because of our thoughts and action  . 
Thanks for letting me share another page in my journal . Thanks for being part of my journey . 

4 Comments