cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sarge, I'm goin' in!

star17
0 10 67

It's a beautiful day out. I need to study. I am inside in the shade looking out at the sunshine wondering why I am trying to force myself to study indoors and miss the sunlight.

Why?

Well, I've been semi-avoiding loitering unsupervised in the great outdoors for the past 70 days to be exact. Ever since I quit smoking. Well here's what I have to say to myself:

1) You're already committed to not smoking. So there's nothing to worry about. Be worried if you start to challenge that. For now you're not questioning anything about your quit so be confident with that.

3) Don't be superstitious. Avoiding outside is not what is keeping you smoke-free. You are making that decision yourself.

2) You're not loitering. You're supposed to be studying. So study!

Well, it's been 70 days of not smoking and the time has come to go outside and sit there without smoking. No time like the present.

Sarge, I'm goin' in!!

Wish me luck!

10 Comments
tammyd88

Get outside and take a deep breath of fresh air just know how much better it is without the smoke surrounding you.  You're doing great the positive attitude is wonderful.  Congrats on 70 days.

lady-hyacinth

Good for you, go enjoy the sunny day! You won't smoke, you will breath in that fresh air and feel so good and very happy that you don't smoke anymore!

Besides, you don't have any cigarettes, and you don't do that anymore! You are gonna be triple digits pretty soon! woohoo!!

lisa11209

Yes, do go outside and enjoy!  You can take a brisk walk to shake any smoking memories that may creep up.

JonesCarpeDiem

find someone who can talk you down if you start focusing on smoking.

but most of all have a great time

jojo_2-24-11

Star, You are doing so good! Smoking is never an option!

Ex_Nancy

I was afraid to sit on my own  terrace in my old smoking spot for about the same time frame,LOL....went out there, cleaned everthing and put my magazines out with a nice candle....sometimes we even serve dinner outside...under the stars (screened-in)   WOOHOO!!!  C'est la vie...xoxo

lois13

go out side enjoy the sunshine, you want smoke it is just another hump you have got to face. 70 days is great

lois13

go out side enjoy the sunshine, you want smoke it is just another hump you have got to face. 70 days is great

star17

Thanks all! The sunshine was great! Don't know about that test score though lol but no craves and definitely no smoking! I just reclaimed my front porch for the non-smoking side!

steve161

There was a time of innocence when smoking was the furthest thing away from our young minds. I believe we can recall those days and recapture the mindset of the non-addicted youngster if we sit quietly and think about what we did and how we thought back then.