cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sad and disappointed

MisFitz
0 2 0

This is probably not the right place to vent my feelings about this but these blogs are supposed to be an outlet and a place to talk about what's on your mind.  So here goes..

I was sitting in a hotel room last night relaxing and flipping thru the channels while the kiddos were swimming.  I happened to turn on the news right at the moment that a very captivating verdict was read.  I have to say I have never found myself so affected by something that does not involve me.  It makes me so incredibly sad that a childs life can be taken with no accountability.  My heart breaks for those parents. I cannot even imagine their pain. My 2 sons are teenagers and those that know them know that they are 2 of the most respectful, well mannered young men you will meet.  It's terrifying to me that due to the color of their skin and the sweatshirt they may be wearing they could be considered "suspisous".  I am not interested in getting into any discussions about what did or did not happen that night.  Today, I am just sad and disappointed at the goings on of the world around me. All I can do is just give my babies some extra hugs tonight and say a prayer for the Martin family.

2 Comments