cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

STRESS!!

Rallyqueen917
6 7 311

Hello Exers,  It’s been awhile since I have visited. I was rolling along well and suddenly I’ve been thinking about smoking..I think it must be stress.  So here I am, back and reading about others challenges and triumphs.  I get a lot of help when I visit.  Feels like I am not alone in this struggle.  It will be 2 years this june so I was quite surprised when I started thinking too much about smoking.  I think one of my biggest triggers is when myself and one of my immediate family members are not getting along. STRESS!!  Plus I have a relative staying and working for me who smokes.  Tbh it’s starting to wear on me..STRESS!!  I am certain I will not turn to cigarettes again, I just need to share the thoughts..get them out and move on. 

thanks for listening and for being here..I don’t know what happened but I stopped getting daily texts..I happy you are still here..I tell anyone who is quitting smoking to visit this site.  It’s my life line when thoughts of smoking sneak into my brain.  

Rallyqueen

661 dof

ssf

7 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You did the right thing by coming here.  I am so glad to see you, and to know you came here instead of that other, awful thing from which you broke free.

Changes in seasons can also bring on smoking memories  If you add stress to that, and someone who smokes - you have challenges, for sure.

I would ask the smoking person not to do so in front of you for a bit, and to keep their supplies away from you, as well.  You don't need that right now.  Pull out the tools you found helpful early in your quit and put them to use again.  Might you go for  walk, or march in place, or dance/sing to some favorite music? 

Hang tough.  None of the things you mentioned are reasons to smoke - and smoking will not make any of it better!  This, you know - right?

Bonnie

So glad you stopped by!  I started getting urges right after I hit two years and blogged about it here because EX is my lifeline, too.  Stay close! I kinda figured out why I was having them but they lasted a lot longer than I wanted them to. Weeks of them coming and going. They have finally gone, thank God!  But I'm stickin' around.  The addictive brain will always remember that deceptive "relief" we thought we found in nicotine.  Everyone here knows exactly what I'm talking about.  No one knows better than another exsmoker.  I also try to help when I can with my experience.  I don't ever want to get smug and complacent about my quit.  Did that once and danced with cigarettes for almost 50 years after starting again.  DON'T PUT ONE OF THOSE NASTY THINGS NEAR YOUR MOUTH AND YOU WILL NEVER EVER HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER DAY ONE!

~Bonnie 777 DoF

elvan

Great job coming here. I agree completely with YoungAtHeart‌ that you need to ask the person who smokes to help you protect your quit by not smoking around you and not leaving smoking paraphernalia around.  You are doing great with two years coming up. Congratulations.

Ellen

sweetplt

You need to learn to work through stress without the smokes...ie., pray, take a walk, meditation, yoga, etc., a “go to”...other than smoking with stress...we all have to learn to cope with “life on her terms”...keep vigilant and remember thoughts are ok...but learning new techniques will help you greatly...Happy Sunday hon...Colleen 447 DOF 

Barbscloud

Glad you came here.   It's worked for me and many others.   Seems like stress is a given in our modern society.  Stay the course.

Barb

SimplySheri

So glad you are here    Hope the stress eases and you can enjoy your quit!!

AnnetteMM

Hey, could also be the change of seasons. I feel it, too, after 2+ years.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2013/12/05/the-two-sets-of-seasons?sr=sear...