cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

SIX MONTH ANNIVERSARY AS A NON-SMOKER!

SuzyQ411
6 24 244

Today, on March 7, 2022, I celebrate six-months as a non-smoker and while there have been tough times when I have been tempted to throw up my hands and say enough is enough, I give up--I have stuck with the plan to remain smoke-free.

What has propelled me onward include the following:

1. My commitment to all of you at the EX to not smoke .....one day at a time.

2. Health issues which would be severely impacted should I return to smoking.

3. Being a positive example to family and friends.

4. The knowledge that it is God's will that I not be a smoker.

5. Having hair that smells clean

6. Allowing me extra money to spend on things I need and want, to include saving for a bird cage swinging chair for my living room in honor of my success . (see attachment)

7. Going into public areas and not smelling to others like a filthy ashtray.

8. No longer needing to use the three inhalers I required for many years so that I could breathe.

9. Enjoying sitting on my front porch with others with the awareness that it no longer reeks with stale cigarette smoke.

10. Any number of additional reasons that will come to mind as soon as I submit this post 😊

bird cage swing.jpeg

I believe the dark frame of this beauty will contrast nicely with the mauve walls of my living room. I plan to string it with battery-operated white mini lights and look forward to the relaxation and pleasure it will give me!

24 Comments
About the Author
Prior to my first quitting on 8/25/2019, I was a heavy smoker for over 60 years. That time, I quit due to health concerns regarding clogged arteries to my brain. Tar deposits from cigarettes were making the situation worse. I had become a prime candidate for a stroke and required surgery to clean out my left carotid artery. I have relapsed 4X since that quit, the last one being on 05.15.2022. ( At one point in all of this madness, I had been quit for 1.5 years). Then on 9/7/2021 I began my recent eight month quit before my current relapse. I am in the process of planning a return to the non-smoking life. After more than 2 weeks of smoking, wheezing and coughing and being short of breath, I have set my new quit date of June 1, 2022 as the beginning of my forever quit. I am done with this madness!! God is good.