cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Rough patch a comin.....

lvs2rock
0 8 14

Alrighty....been doing pretty good last few days. Took a 2.5hr drive to go see my daughter Sunday. That was no problem without the evil sticks. Now, the only time I am having issues is around a personal matter that I will not bore you with. But! I will Not One Puff Ever over anyone or anything. I was packing up some stuff in the basement and that was kinda rough,Lots of stuff from my parents...stuff..stuff... I ate Twizzlers and grapes. More grapes than twizzlers.

Anyhoo, I am pretty sure that the tension I am dealing with is all a part of things past that were surpressed with the evil sticks. It is high time I felt the feelings and dealt with them.

Lighter note: I go back to work Monday!

Whooops! Forgot to enter the part about the rough patch a comin..I almost ALWAYS blow my quit between say NOW and 5 weeks! I get so stressed with personal junk! Let me say it is part of that stuff from above. Oh and I go back to work Monday...I work for a big box home improvement center..in the hub! ughhhhh! That place will drive you to drink or smoke! kumbiya muh lord....kumbiyaaaa (however ya spell it)

Thanks to everyone who here who never ceases to amaze me with the warm support and positive messages 😮 )

8 Comments
ShawnP

Just take one hurdle at a time. As my friend always tells me, "Don't stress over something that hasn't happened yet". N.O.P.E! 

lvs2rock

So true....so very true! Thank you !!

Nyima_1.6.13

Good that you are aware of this being your slippery time and you can avoid a relapse by coming here often! Always remember 'post before puffing' and put HELP in the title! Folks should come running!

I spent a lot of time my first few months sorting out feelings that had been blunted with smoke and mirrors! It helped me to let a lot of it go! What's done is done attitude and then I did some serious work figuring out what is important to me now and I constantly ask myself, "will this make any difference in my life in five years"! You will get it all figured out but you don't need to smoke over it! Like you said, "time to feel it"! Keep up the great work!

newlife5

dont makle it a self fulling prophesy... i do that all the time.. just take it one day or hour or minute at a time...

cory-3-10-13

Funny note about twizzlers, Lvs, during the first week of my quit I was eating them while watching tv and I caught myself holding a twizzler between my index and middle fingers exactly like I used to hold a cig. I was smoke/eating twizzlers! It got me laughing and I think of it every time I think of twizzlers now! Hang in there, rough patches come and go, but this is your FINAL quit! You're doing this, I'm really proud of you!

joyeuxencore

How sweet is your doggie! I know you are not at 30 again but you are in another moving toward so maybe it wouls be good to review NML stuff...could help! xo

Strong cravings can blindside you out of nowhere...be prepared not surprised...it is normal and will pass!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/sarahp      Sarah’s NML blogs

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-da...

Also my friend...quit buddy...DECIDE to change that mind set about a 'rough patch coming' and think to yourself 'a rough patch sunning' Getting into the LIGHT!!!!! Imagine yourself going through whatever this is with total GRACE and PEACE...xo

joyeuxencore

lvs2rock

You guys are the best! Yes be prepared and read about NML! I have searched my feelings and I am making a positive change for myself on a personal note It is not easy...and I do feel that I am strong! N O P E 🙂  Now, off to do some reading! Getting my shield ready! Hugs to my dear quit friends...yer awesome! You have made my final quit so much easier and positive!