cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Results of scan

smorgy8513
0 24 73

I'll talk more with dr on Wed appt but he did call and leave a message that the "little ones" are not growing so that the chemo is doing "what it is supposed to do".         He wanted me to have good news for the weekend.

Here's the thing:    doesn't feel like good news.      I wanted to hear that the 2 big ones had shrunk, that although not spread it would be smaller.

Am I ungrateful?      NO.       But I'm having a hard time right now accepting the results.       

I think it will help to talk to dr on next Weds to see if we are keeping it the same or if chemo will change.        

I did my whining on my Caring Bridge acct and asked for someone to tell me to stop being a baby and be grateful     

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sharonsjourney5/journal/view/id/581dba408b5cd3964424f6db?utm_sour...

Any ideas......let me know.

Sharon

24 Comments
meWisconsin

Try to keep your chin up through this difficult time. We are all praying for you.

Terry

nikki77
you are in my prayers....and i am so proud of what a strong woman you are!! truly you are beautiful and amazing:)!
YoungAtHeart

A good cry seems in order to me.  Just let it out.

On a hopeful note - he didn't mention the large tumors - so maybe there is progress and he just failed to mention it?

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

We all go the distance. We just don't know what the distance is.

We pray for the best.

JonesCarpeDiem

Image result for thinking of you in this difficult time

Thomas3.20.2010

It's ridiculous for me to say that I know how you feel or what it's like - I don't!

But I do know that like it or not, you have become one of the bravest people I've ever known!

Can you find a distraction until Wednesday when you will get a better picture of the situation?

Perhaps some quality time with Jeff?

Continued prayers that you find Peace in the midst of this storm! 

RachelMB

Thinking of you!  You're so much stronger than you think! 

MarilynH

((((((((((Humongous gentle loving cyber hugs for you Sharon)))))))))) - you most definitely are not a baby and you definitely aren't whining either . You are one strong lady with everything you are going through and deserve to vent when you need to and who better to do that with than us , your friends and we're also your family and your family Exers and we love you and I am sending EXtra good thoughts and prayers up for you . ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Healing thoughts and prayers (((Sharon)))
SimplySheri

Honey, you can feel anyway you want to feel.  It's your life, your rules 🙂  Whine, cry...feel thankful, feel fear.  Just keep on going and getting through it.  Small things often lead to huge things so I will be hopeful, I will keep you in my prayers, and I will still be thinking of you often.  Much love to you, Sharon!! 

elvan

Sheri is right, you can feel any way you want...there is nothing wrong with feeling fear and frustration, you were in control of your quit and you have stayed in control of that, this is not something YOU can control but you know you have infinite prayers coming your way.

Love,

Ellen

c2q

First, the cheese to go with your whine

and then, 

It's okay to grieve lost expectations, too.

JustSharon

There is not much that I know to say, but I know all that I'm talking to God about. God bless you Lori

Daniela2016

Thinking of you, sending healing thoughts and prayers your way! If we have not been in your shoes we do not fully understand the extent of your emotional distress.  But please know you are in my prayers, and have my admiration.

Maybe you can rent some funny movies over the weekend, and let yourself relax and laugh. It might help you release some of the frustration.

Hugs and love!

Sootie

Sweetie- You aren't whining...you are sharing with dear friends your diappointment over something you wanted that didn't happen. Congratulations.......you are human. Seems to me if the doctor called wanting you to have good news for the weekend.....he meant it. He sees good news. Take it that way and then explore your hopes in the visit on Wednesday.

We all love you so much and are praying for you each and every day. I think of you often...........................ESPECIALLY with my KRISPY KREMES!!!!!!!

Stay Strong

Giulia

Sending love as words seem inadequate at present.

HealthyOrange

Big hugs and lots of love to you, Sharon!  I can understand how you would be disappointed.  Hoping the talk with the doctor on Wednesday goes better than expected.  xoxo

Barbara145

As always, thinking of you with love and prayers.

joyeuxencore

Sharon,

Sending you much love during this difficult time...xo

Strudel

Big hug, continued prayers and all the very best thoughts coming your way Sharon! You said a long time ago that you chose to thank God for healing you - that is what I have been doing too! You inspired me to think positively and I will keep doing that! 

freeneasy

Thoughts and prayers ... wishing you get a break and some relief.

TerrieQuit

sending hugs and prayers to you, Sharon!

vanlil

Yeah expectations can be damaging to our recoveries.  I found that if I keep my "expectations" realistic I can accept things better.  Not easy - but - the unexpected DID HAPPEN.............the smaller ones are dying...........stay patient and you will find that your "expectations" will become real.

LIllian

shashort

My thoughts and prayers are with you Sharon. Sending you hugs and hope today you got a better explanation from your doctor.  You are one strong lady and such an inspiration to all of us. I am so sorry you are going through all this. Big hugs to you.

About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP I've thought so many times about quitting, done a few quits with the longest being 9 months. Blamed that relapse on my sister because she broke her hip. This time I feel different 8/5/13:The first day of my forever quit. About me? Well, I'm old enough that I am going to semi-retire (work 2 days per week) starting in October, 2013. I have 2 grown sons, 2 older sisters, 2 cats. I'm passionate about my work, love mystery books. I give all the glory for my work, any successes I may have to God and prayer. I have a lot of people praying for me right now and that is where I feel the strength. I also am finding strength, information and support from this site. I hope I can offer some of that to others when I get past the newbie stage. 9/4/13 30 days today!! I've learned so much since I've been coming here each morning (and sometimes at night). Words: choose, not try-----decision----not giving anything up, but gaining---I'm worth so much more than a cigarette. These are only a few of the pearls of wisdom that I've taken to heart. So many great people. I learn something each and every time I come on here. I'm learning about myself too. I teach clients everyday that feelings are feelings and ok to have, but I've always fought that concept myself. I heard when I was little "what have you got to cry about?" so I learned not to cry. If anger was shown it meant going back and shutting the door 10 times quietly or maybe getting the wrath of my parent. So, I learned not to cry, not to feel anger. I'm learning now that I have those feelings and that smoking pushed them aside and down. They are there and real. Now I'm trying to learn how to show and express them instead of going off by myself for a smoke. I have supporters. The biggest pride is what I feel in myself. With each day I wake up I can say "Today is day ____" and I feel proud. Not the kind of pride like I could never fail. That is a realization and why I need to be aware and conscious each moment. No, smoking doesn't solve anything. And today I am proof that I can go on without the crutch of a cigarette! 8/5/17 4 Years Quit!!! Who would have "thunk" it? I never took responsibility for my relapses, always blamed whatever it was that occurred. So, when I quit on 8/5/13 I knew I REALLY wanted it to work, knew that I needed as much support as I could get but I think deep down I was afraid this one wouldn't take either. So, I did as much positive as I could: Chantix, prayer, atomic fire balls, telling friends AND coming to the EX many times throughout the day. The people here became my friends as well as my family. I could share when I was struggling and get encouragement. Have there been struggles in my life since then that would have "caused" me to smoke in the past? Of course! Life goes on and troubles happen even when you don't smoke. I lost my sister who was also my best friend, my diagnosis of lung cancer and the treatment that has gone on since then (dr tells me "not curable, but treatable"). Would smoking make any of those things better? OF COURSE NOT! But when you're an addict the brain tells tons of lies to you..... Newbies: use the resources that the EX provides to you and you will have major milestones too. I thank my family here and love each and every one of you that have helped me! Too many names to mention.