cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Restless Legs and 13 Days [Vent]

tibbetsethan
0 10 142

Well, I made it through a rough patch yesterday with the help of all you beautiful people. I've been really stressed lately because my illness is causing a lot of tension and stress for everyone. Plus I am having some family issues too.

But moving on, I've been battling RLS something fierce for the past few weeks. I haven't been sleeping good at all waking up maybe 4-5 times a night. Like right now, I just got up for the 3rd time tonight and I'm exhausted.

So I'm not getting hardly any sleep, my legs are constantly uncomfortable or achy, and then you got all my problems already with my back, it just sucks. I'm tired of being in pain. My muscles spasm a lot and hurt when they contract. 

I luckily don't have the chorea, I don't think I'd ever be able to sleep then. So I have some to be thankful for.

I just want the pain to stop honestly, I want to be able to sleep in my own bed through the night without waking up constantly. 

They said that in the Mid-stages that pain is very common, severe pain, and it gets worse until the end of the mid stages when the brain is so damaged that in the late stages, you aren't in pain anymore. I don't wish I was at that point, but sometimes I kind of do. 

Anyways, it's really taken a toll on my mental health and my will to quit smoking. I don't want to start over though, I don't want to give up my nearly two weeks so I'm fighting it. I don't want to end up dying quicker than I already am.

So yep I'm here 13 days later, I'm determined still, but I'm tired as heck.

10 Comments
About the Author
I was raised in Small Town Texas, started smoking at age 13. At age 19 I started vaping on and off because I liked the rush. At 21 I ended up getting tested for Huntington's Disease because my family on my Mom's side has it and came up positive. Then early the next year I was formally diagnosed with it active as JHD due to muscle movements and weakness called Chorea and Ataxia which began when I was 14 years old. I use walking assistance now and have been in and out of the hospital a lot, but I haven't stopped that from wanting to quit vaping and cigarettes. In fact, vaping was making me so sick, I decided enough was enough and that I wanted to quit. So here I am. I'm proud to be an Ex!