cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Restarting!

annie36
0 10 45

Hi everyone. My name is Annie and I quit smoking on Feb. 1st  2010 and I almost made it 2 years but  I picked those nasty, stinky, demon sticks back up in Nov. So, here I am again, asking for support. I would not have made it through the quitting process the first time if I had not had the ex community. I know that hind sight is 20/20 but I should have come on here for support instead of turning to a ciggarette. I was going through a lot of stress at the time and I was starting to have more and more panic attacks. I was around some people that smoked and thought, "one won't hurt." I guess that there might be people that can be casual smokers, but not me! I started off slow and then, BAM back to a pack a day! UGGHHH!  So....here I am on day 1 smoke free and my game plan is NOPEA, not one puff ever again! I know that I can do this, I am going to have to keep coming on here and getting support. Good luck to everyone and a have great smoke free day!

10 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010
Hi, Annie! I quit March 20, 2010. Thank you for reminding me that I truly am a puff away from a pack a day! Best wishes on your new quit! Never Ever Forget!!!!
annie36

I am super proud of you, Thomas! I KNOW that this time I am going to have to stay away from smokers as much as possible and learn how to deal with stressful times in a healthy way. Thanks for the support!

Lonita

Glad your back. Thomas said it all that we are always a puff away. We just got to say N.O.P.E always. 

Yaya2.6.10

Welcome Back!  I remember you as you were 5 days ahead of me.  Keep on blogging cuz you do know how to do a Quit and you know that you can do it.  There have been several times lately when someone has typed help in the subject line and it is amazing the results that come flying toward them.  Please shout out before you smoke.  Something that resonated with me is that smoking really adds to the stress.  That is cuz we are always getting ready to smoke, smoking or wanting to smoke.  Once I realized that smoking made stress worse not better, things got easier for me.  Glad you are back!

Ex_Nancy

When you started to say "i was going through a lot stress", I stopped reading....Refresh you're reading to be successful and reduce your anxiety...

The free course at: http://quitsmokingonline.com

and Allen Carr's book - http://joga.365.lt/Allen-Carr_Easy-Way-To-Stop-Smoking_Download-free-PDF-EBook

Strudel

Nancy is right - please do the reading so that you really understand this addiction. Smoking does not relieve stress and I truly do not believe there is anyone who is a casual smoker. It is an addictive substance  - so - no to "just one"! Stay close and I am sure you can do this! 

JonesCarpeDiem

i didn't say nuttin!

you forgetted

bella65

hi annie I quit jan 2010 had almos 2 years also on monday.but i now have a 4 month old quit and its going  way better.glad you came back

annie36
Thanks for the support. I know that I can do it, I did it before. I know that my mistake was not getting the support that I needed when things got tough. This time is easier, but I have a horrible headache today! Drinking lots of water!!!!
4grace

Hang in there Annie, you know you can beat this!!  You've been supper stressed from what I ee on your facebook but this is just a ste back.  Message me anytime if you need to talk or just need someone to say NOPE