cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Reminder! Fall Bonfire/Halloween party

ShawnP
0 15 71

If for some reason, you can't make it, please leave totals of your unsmoked cigarettes with someone, leave a comment on the blog here or message me.  Thank you!

We are going to have our   Fall Bonfire on Friday October 25th starting at 7 PM Eastern time! Renee (Wishingstar) is going to be my cohost. The whole site is not only invited , but EXpected!! And that means you!!
  I will light the fire on my blog at about 7:00PM! Everyone should bring their own fuel for the fire! We burn up your unsmoked cigarettes! Not ones that are laying around the house (I hope to God you don't have any of those), but the ones you would have smoked if you had not quit! For EXample it you have been quit for 100 Days, and you were smoking a pack a day(20 cigarettes) You would have 100 X 20 = 2,000 unsmoked cigarettes to throw in the fire! If you need math help let me know!!
  There will lots of people at this event! We will have music links for music lovers! We will have food for those of us who like to eat and drinks. Wear a costume if you want. You are required to have fun, whether you like it or not!!
  The most important thing is to get everybody involved, for whatever time they can spare! In the past we have EXceded 1,000,000 unsmoked nasties in the bonfires! I hope we can set a new all time record with this one! In order to make this happen, we have to all contact our friends, and make sure that everyone shows up! Keep after your friends until you get a committment! If some one can not attend, get them to give you their totals, so you can bring their contribution to the fire with you! All contributions must come from our members!
  It is going to be BLAST! I will keep reposting this blog as a reminder until that day comes. I EXpect and hope to see all of you there! Now go out and spread the word! 
  Here is a link that has some quit keeper programs that you can download to your computer. They have your number of days, how much you saved, how many cigarettes you didn't smoke and some other facts. You can use these statistics for the bonfire 😉

Tags (1)
15 Comments
LouiseR

Hi Shawn, not sure if I'll be able to get on the website in time Friday for the bonfire.  Last day I smoked was September 10th which makes September 11th my quit date.  I will have 880 unsmoked cigarettes to throw in the fire. I will do my best to get home in time to join in!!

pir8fan

Count me in! I shall arrive in the attire I perfer! Arrrrggggg!

smorgy8513

I'll be there...will see if I can find a costume that befits the inner me (and it won't be that skinny, young girl I wrote about in my blog!).

nanawendy

I'll be there,  Tommy don't forget the margaritas

vinicioreyes

I'll go  have fun!

penink3

I will be there

Giulia

Sorry I won't be here.  I'm sure it will be a blast!  Here are my stats 83,862 unsmoked little killers.  Toss 'em in for me!

brds_9-28-13

Hi Shawn, I Dont think I will make the Bon fire But I would like to add the 644+ cigs that I would of smoke in the last 28 days  Enjoy and wow what a big fire this will be.

pattyo2

unable to make it....2240 to add to the bon fire...YES!!!

AutumnWoman

Sorry I won't be able to attend, but here are my 36,180 unsmoked cigarettes for the bonfire.  Have a great time!

Stac2

I am so sorry I can't make it to this one but please add my 2110 to the fire.  Thank you for hosting and I know it will be fun fun fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy weekend everyone and happy bonfire too!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Stac

pamelaine123

I have 5920 c-sticks to add to the fire...

Congratulations all!

Brian100

Congrats everyone - sorry haven't been around much - tossing 5,380 cigarettes in the fire!

kathy_ryz

Missed last night . I'm throwing in 1117 unsmoked cigs!

JoAnne5-14-2008

I have been quit for 5 Years, 5 Months, 1 Week, 4 Days, 14 hours, 31 minutes and 18 seconds (1,990 days). I have saved $2,239.42 by not smoking 9,953 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 3 Days, 13 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/14/2008 8:15 PM

Sorry I'm Late
About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later