Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Recommit

mfurg
0 7 101

Hi all!

I hope everyone is finding themselves happy and healthy today! I'm dropping back in after a long time away to recommit myself to my quit. I am in the middle of a difficult time and feeling the urge. We are blessed and healthy, but just going through some things that have me thinking a little too much. I am a little over three weeks from having my second child. This pregnancy has been technically a very good one, although it has been difficult having a precious almost 3 year old boy as well. Just stressed to the max. I quit smoking the month before I found out I was pregnant (as with my first) and haven't touched one since. As my due date looms though, and the stress is building, I find myself in a weird place having to tell myself "NOOOO, no no no no, you will not start again after this precious baby is born. DON'T DO IT!" I'm having to tell myself that a lot and it is scaring me, because I can only imagine, while joyful, how stressful 2 children can be. I'm going to re commit myself to my quit. I know how much this community helped me in my first quit. Even thought I HATE that I slipped up and started smoking again for a while, I just DON't want to start again! I want to be healthy and happy for my babies and husband, and smoking just made me feel like a gross failure in every aspect of my life. Why would I go back to that?? What a powerful drug it is that 9 months later I am still thinking about it... Thanks for reading. 🙂

7 Comments
andreakay

You have got this!! Stay strong!!!! ❤️

cookie804

Your babies deserve a healthy Mom. don't give in, keep blogging and stay strong. You can do this.

annb
It is powerful and I think just plain "evil" but you know you can overcome it! Keep on walking just one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow!
marilyn_marmac

Congratulations on your upcoming birth! Yes, 2 little ones wilI keep you on your toes but just think...you won't be causing respiratory problems for your wee ones or making their clothes and hair smell like an ashtray. You will have more air in your lungs and that will help you maintain your energy level.

All around, I congratulate you and consider you are a very smart woman! You call it recommiting, I think you are rededicating your quit instead. "You say tomato, I say tomato" 🙂  Either way, you are here to continue your win and we are here to Refuel your Fire!

Martine Holston re-dedicate: create year end resolutions

YoungAtHeart

PLEASE remind yourself that smoking does NOT relieve stress!  It causes it!  I am going to give you a link to the  Allen Carr book.  It might help to strengthen your knowledge base:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Remember the distraction activities you used the first time?  Slow, deep breathing is probably the easiest for you at this point.  Don't let those smoking thoughts rattle around in your head.  Put your attention ELSEWHERE!  Maybe a rubber band around your wrist that you snap when you get a smoking thought? 

I am SO proud of you for coming here to blog.  You did GOOD!  We will be here whenever you need us - just yell!

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations!  Just think what a positive model you will be for your children as a non-smoker.  And also all the extra energy that you will have for them!   This addiction is a strange one - that even after a long time - the urges can creep back in if we allow them to.  Please don't allow them to stay!  Best wishes!

promise_judy

I am sure you are getting really excited about your new bundle of joy--stress is a funny feeling because you can get stress from all sorts of life events (GOOD & BAD). I think what you are feeling is just that--excitement. We somehow think that when we hear this dumb suggestion that we need to @#@#@, it is something that we need to consider. Guess what YOU DON'T NEED IT, and YOUR SOOOO OVER IT NOW!!! Don't ever question your quit cause--its the best thing you have ever done for yourself.

Keep on adding those smoke free days.

XOXO