Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Re-visit of Day Five

carpe_diem_2014
0 8 38

Just a reminder...NEVER RELAPSE.

Going through the first 72 hours all over again, is no fun, no matter if you smoked one or fifty because you were unable to control your inner junkie. Just let the craving have its' three or so minutes, find something constructive and healthy to do for that time, and just keep moving forward. It is so not worth giving in and having to start over from day one.

All weekend I cleaned the house, worked on some work tasks, ran on the treadmill, and did everything and anything that I could find to keep my mind and my hands occupied. Day five is much easier than the first three, I must say, but I do wish that I was celebrating day 46 and have not thrown my hard earned quit away like an idiot.

I hope all of you are doing well and remember, never smoke that first cigarette EVER!!!!! It is just not worth it.

-Danielle

8 Comments
OldBones-Larry

Keep going hun. We are here for you. Take what you learned and apply it to this quit. You can make it. I know you can.

Hugs and love.

Larry

JonesCarpeDiem

Hang in there. Ther past is the past.

Keep learning. Keep moving forward.

cheryl_1-1-14

At least you started over.  That counts.  Stay strong.  You got this!!!

freeneasy

Take it one day at a time. One hour at a time if need be. Promise yourself you will succeed and honor your promise.

marilyn_marmac

Best advice I've heard all day! Good for you for jumping right back on! Just goes to show how strong you really are. Nothing like a quitter that refuses to give up! 

Am I a Quitter? I'm definitely a Multipotentialite or a Polymath! (Article: Why You Should be a Quitter….and Wear the Title Proudly)

jacks1125

You're doing great....today is what matters the most, and ur a quitter!!

Legend

Just keep moving forward now and learn from the past.  You can do this.

carpe_diem_2014

Thank you all! You all are so amazing.