cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Re-posted by request!

pir8fan
0 12 143

This blog is over 4 years old! Much has changed! My faithful canine companion Max went to the Rainbow Bridge more that two years ago! Spencer came to live with me just over a year ago! They both have played an important role in my attitude about life, and have taught me unconditional love! I found couple of important messages in a few pennies! I hope that some of you will find something to help you here!

pir8fan    

11 badges

Penny for your thoughts!!

April 5, 2010 by pir8fan   Comments (18)

Send a message   Add friend   View pir8fan's Blog

{C}   

{C}    

Good Smoke free afternoon everyone!! Thanks to all of you for helping me reach day 95!!!

Last night about 11:30 I went out to walk my dog. His name is Max! It was a nice warm Southwest Florida night. As we were ambling along, in the glare of a street light , I spotted a penny. There was a time in my life when I would have just left it there. But, I picked it up and put it in my pocket. This morning Max woke me up and told me it was time for his morning walk. I told him I would like to sleep a little longer. He explained what he was going to do to the carpet if I didn't get up. He won. I got up and we went for a long walk. As we were walking along I spotted another penny and again I picked it up and put it in my pocket. Not two minutes latter I found another penny. Now there is a little voice in the back of my head saying "what's up with all the pennies". I spent a few minute reflecting on that question. Those of you who know a little bit about me know that I am at the lowest point of my life. Physically, Financially, and on top of that I am giving up smoking. I came to two conclusions about the pennies.

1. I am looking down way to much!!! I need to hold my head back up high,so that I can see my way out of my problems!!!!

2. When you look close at a penny there is a message of hope on there. It says "IN GOD WE TRUST" ! Now I really have no idea how those pennies came to be where I could find them. But I have no intention of ignoring their message. When we have more on our plates than we can handle, there is a place to look to!!!

There are my thoughts! What are you thinking?

Tommy

12 Comments
elvan

I am thinking that this is a spectacular blog and thank you for re-posting it for those of us who were not here four years ago.  I am at about the lowest point in my life in more ways than I can count but this gives me some sort of comfort.  I will stop looking down so much and I will start reading my coins.

Thanks, Tommy.

ShawnP

Thank you Tommy for reposting. I was on phone with mom on my way home from work a little while ago and telling her about your blog. After i found that penny, i found another shortly after. There was definitely a message behind it this evening and the other times that i have found it. I have always just walked past them before but at those times in my life when everything seems to come against you is when that message "In God We Trust" comes. Thank you for this blog cause it has changed my perspective on pennies.

Barbara145

I think you are a really neat person and a very good man.  May God bless you the rest of your life.  Sincerely, Barbara     I loved the blog.

freeneasy

(-:  This made me feel good.  Now I'll contribute my 2 cents worth.. Those two pennies, it seems were priceless for you and I'm thankful you reposted this because your message has made me feel better tonight.

cookie804

Tommy you are such an awesome Godly man and I praise God for bringing me to my new found family. Thank you for your blog as it made me stop and think. God is good to me and I will hold my head high. In God We Trust , oh how true.

God bless

Carolyn and Cookie

smorgy8513

Thanks for the re-post Tommy......love ya!

JonesCarpeDiem

Amen

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Its all in what you make out of it.  Is the glass half empty or half full.  You were richer by a few cents yet you learned to hold your head high!  Thanks for the blog!

xoxo

Jackie

Giulia

Pennies from Heaven....

Brenda_M

This is my first time reading this one, and it gave me goosebumps...thank you, Tommy!

gayvenda

Great blog!  Thanks for reposting!

exsmokerforever

great blog, you reminded me to look up and remenber that god will not let me down.