cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Re-introduction

carpe_diem_2014
0 17 130

By my absense, I am sure everyone knew I began smoking again. It isn't hard to pull apart the web quitters from the web smokers.

I was about to walk into "No Mans Land", when I took a sharp stop and smoked, re-igniting my addiction, and smoking for ten more days.

Am I an idiot, YES. Smoking is absolutely stupid.

Did I enjoy my ten days, YES. Because for those ten days I stopped obsessing over cigarettes and the fact that I could no longer have them. I no longer had to be strong. I was able to succumb to my inner junkie.

Do I regret my decision to relapse, YES. Now I have to recleanse my body, go through the withdrawal period, and re-learn my life without cigarettes. Although, it has caused me to begin attending a smoking cessation group at the local hospital, which is very helpful.

Am I ashamed of relapsing, NO. It has taught me what to look out for in the future, what to believe and not to believe, and to punch my inner junkie in the face when it starts talking again, because it is an absolute TRAP, MANIPULATOR, and I am NOT going to fail.

I refuse to fail.

So here I am, crawling back to the EX community. First to apologize for taking what you gave me for granted and wasting your valuable time, but second, to say that I am 100% ready to be a part of the 6% cold turkey quit population.

I want to be a part of the 6% cold turkey quit population........

17 Comments
lvirnwrkr

Welcome back Carpe,glad to see you are back! Keep reading and blogging,I know you can do this! 6% wants you on it's side too!

carpe_diem_2014

Thank you!

JonesCarpeDiem

It happens.

We get many people who come and talk the talk.

Now it's time to walk the walk.

I think you know what smoking is now.

I'm sorry you let it take you down it's road but, hopefully you are done with it now.

Quits don't happen unless we work at them.

JonesCarpeDiem

PS I thought you were taking your winter vacation. LOL

cory-3-10-13

So have you already quit or have you set a future date? I think anytime there is a relapse its important to look at the why of it...what triggered you and how will you deal with the trigger the next time it crops up. I think its also important to realize that smoking really doesn't have any benefits unless you are actively addicted and feeding that addiction. I used to tell myself that smoking helped with my anger and then I used angry feelings as an excuse to smoke. Remember you can talk yourself out of smoking instead of talking yourself into it. You will not fail, you really can do this thing. You've just got to go through the withdrawal period again, which if you've done before you can certainly do again. You aren't more addicted to nicotine than any of us are or were... Use your tools and stay close to the site. We want to help you succeed, however that comes about for you.♥

newlife5

as a nonsmoker i no longer obsess about why i cant have them anymore... instead i no longer want them cause smoking is not an option...

i have some hard days when i have to deal with the addiction.. but as far as the smoking goes... it is off the table ,out the door, gone forever...i choose life

promise_judy

I don't believe it is necessary to beat someone over the head when they do smoke. It is bad enough one has to face up to it and I can apprieciate you coming here and letting us know. What I do believe is: one needs to examine why it happened. If it was me I would reread all my blogs previous to the "slip" and think about why did I do this.

I am glad that you have stopped smoking again and remember that anytime is a good time to quit.

Judy

carpe_diem_2014

Thank you, Dale, and you are exactly right, quits don't happen unless we work at them and I am working very hard with this one because I just need to stop. No excuses, no going back, just N.O.P.E.!

Cory, I quit yesterday and did not set a future quit date. I have no reason to, because there is no perfect time to quit. I just need to quit. I do not have to fill my lungs with disgusting chemicals while I "ponder" the right date. I just have to make my decision and keep moving on.

Newlife, I agree, when it is no longer an option, it is no longer a thought, and you can begin to live and choose life.

Thank you Polynha1, I am happy to be back as well.

Thank you, Judy. I know exactly why it happened, and thankfully I can use it as a tool when moving forward to not make the same mistake twice. This is a horrible addiction, but millions of people let it go a year, and I can do it just as the rest of us!

jacks1125

Welcome back..Honesty is the best policy, always stay true to thy self...Good for u!!

carpe_diem_2014

Thank you, Jack Jack!

karma7777

Hello, just like you i was on this site for a while and dropped off cause i started smoking again. soo welcome back Carpe_diem2014

LouiseR

Welcome back.  You can do this!

carpe_diem_2014

Thank you, Karma and Louise. I appreciate your support!

Thomas3.20.2010

As long as you learn from the relapse, the sooner you restart your recovery the better!

CONGRATULATIONS for moving forwards!!!!

cheyenne7

Welcome back...I've done the relapse thing before too...move forward...don't look back, you're not going that way...

Congratulations on committing to quit again...since you know why you relapsed, this can be your forever quit...can't wait to see the days piling up...you go girl!!!

Roxie-1-16-2014

Welcome back! I am very glad you have decided to start your forever quit again. I know you can do this!  I'm sorry you have to go through all the withdrawal stuff again but you did it before and you can again. Start stacking those days up....one day at a time!

carpe_diem_2014

Thank you, Thomas, Cheyenne, and Roxie! I appreciate your support.