Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Raven12 Archived Profile

Raven12
0 0 9

Description

Single gay fellow living in a rural area on the shores of Lake Superior.  I have lived a very private and a rather reclusive life style ever since I got sober 18 years ago.  I find it much easier to take care of others than myself.  Very prone to depression.  I am not very good at the computer nor am I good at talking about myself so this is a very big step for me.  I have been wanting to quit smoking for a very long time but have gotten so disgusted with myself and preoccupied with smoking that I know I must do something and feel I am ready to get on a path to a more healthy lifestyle.  I also want to gain weight--I have been thin all my life and figure that if I quit smoking not only will I be healthier I'll put on a few more pounds.  I have always been nurtured by the natural world and it is my hopes that I will be more active in same.  Two years ago I bought a car after not having one for 40 years so that I could assist my parents to doctors appointments--they are getting up in years and I assist them with their needs.  I felt bad about breaking my 40 year record without one but I am glad I can help my parents out.  Three years ago I was rejected by a potential partner  due to my habitual smoking--he loathed smoking.  Very glad I have come across this site and it makes me feel happy that so many people here seem so kind and supportive.  My happiness has always been generated by making other people happy.  Due to circumstances in my childhood I have never felt very well of myself.  Even though others seem to see the good in me I fail to see the appeal.  I always try to do the right thing by others and my hope is that I for once can do something good for me.  Remaining sober has not been all that difficult but I do feel that becoming an ex smoker will be a bit difficult when I am on my own--I tend to isolate myself.  I will be giving this a try and appreciate all the support.  Thanks

Brief Description

5' 11"  Scandinavian / Thin / Gray Eyes / Blonde

Website

No website in profile.

wisconsin

Interests

art/ gardening / history / antiques / nature / reading

Skills

potter / artist / communications / graphics