cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

REDUNDANCY

owlfeather
0 6 13

I think that's how you spell it.  Have you ever moved from one place to another, needing to get up in the middle of the night, only to discover over and over that the bathroom is no longer to the left, but to the right of the bedroom?  It takes time to unlearn that, for me anyway,I just automatically turned to the left in the dark.  That is what quit smoking is like.  You have to do new behavior over and over before it becomes the New Normal.  

When you have an urge, not a craving mind you, but a smoking memory, you more than likely are longing for the Old Normal.  Just want to feel Normal again.  Keep turning right, and soon you will feel Normal in your New Normal world.  Over and over again, make the choice to turn to the right, where there is no smoke. 

I now turn to the right in the dark.  That's my New Normal that feels like Normal.  

No Dale, I did not have any messes to clean up...

Have a Great New Normal DAy!!!!!

6 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

good blog.

and

not a mess in sight

Breakinchains

Yep, that about sums it up.

owlfeather

There's a bathroom to the right too.  That's a plus...

butt-kicker

So well put Owlfeather.

I am glad for my past  2 quit attempts also,,recent quit memories to get back to,,glad I didn't wait too long to get back up after a fall. Feels so good to have my new "normal" back.! That is the honest to God's truth too! I had told someone about how I taught myself to sew after I first quit. When I relapsed, I didn't do any sewing,,I didn't want to mix the two, if that makes sense. I never want my sewing to be tainted with smoking memories! Feels so great to be sewing again,,whew!

Have a fabulous day!

hugs,

Diane

Newfound_Joy

Great post!!

Thanks, Owl.

NOPE

NEF

samantha42

Thank you Owl for such a wonderful blog. We need to be kinder and gentler to ourselves when it comes to quitting this addiction. We need to remember that we spent years building our lives up around cigarettes and those habits are what control and feed our addictions. It takes time to undo those habits. Love yourself enough to give yourself that time to relearn this new and much healthier way of life.