cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

RE-9th day smoke-free

wianno9616
5 12 151

I am still on my smoke-free journey, on my 9th day now. It is getting easier, not so many cravings or urges to smoke. I am keeping myself busy which helps. A couple of things I have learned on EX that are helping me. One is remembering n.o.p.e(not one puff ever) which leads me to the second thing ...if you do slip or think you can have a couple of cigarettes and think thats okay, remember yout cravings and urges will NEVER go away, they will be with you forever. Being smoke-free those urges will slowly stop. Reading daily  info on this website helps me. It keeps me in the forefront of why I do not want to smoke anymore, and those of you who have quit for a long period of time inspire me to keep going. Thank you all for your tips,advise and positive feedback.

12 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You have learned your  lessons well - and they will prove invaluable on this journey.  The fallacy of "just one will be OK " whenever it is thought has been the downfall of more people than I can count!  Don't ever fall for it - it will never be true for you, or me, or any of the other addicts around!

Keep going!  It is SO worth the effort!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 9 days smokefree. NOPE saved me.

shashort

Congratulations on day 9 smoke free.  NOPE is my savng grace too. Knowing this has got me to 124 days and will you too if you keep saying NOPE!!

maryfreecig

Good to hear of your progress. Congratulations.

MarilynH

A super duper congratulations on your splendiferous 9 smoke free days and counting WTG, you are doing super fantastic, one day at a time along with N.O.P.E will give you a wonderful life of freedom. 

jonilou

Yippee for 9 days! Good for you! 

tjanddj

Congratulations on your 9 days! Keep on going!!

Giulia

anntann

Both my thumbs are steadfastly up for you! Good job. I shall take on NOPE as my motto as I follow you to my quit date 🙂

Legend

You are doing great keep it up you can do this. Do you have a reality object yet? Here is a link so you can read about it. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Giulia-blog/2013/09/10/how-precious-is-your-quit

Snowdoggie

@wianno9616 so glad you let us know you have nine days under your belt. Way to go! Keep those days rolling on!😁🐕💘🌋

Barbscloud

@Snowdoggie Just noticed this is an old post.   I hope @wianno9616 is still successful with their quit.  Maybe they'll check in.

Barb