cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Quitting

Joosh21
3 10 214

Hey everyone! My names Josh, I have decided to quit vaping. I have used Juul for about 8 years now. I had a huge motivation to become healthy due to having some issues with mental health(anxiety and depression) that I just came out the other side of. During my time with battling with this, I decided to quit alcohol cold turkey (4 weeks sober as of yesterday) and during the adjustment period of finally feeling like a person again, I’ve realized that vaping has done exactly the same thing to me as alcohol has and I have finally decided to stop, especially with my birthday being tomorrow. So i figured now would be the best time to quit. I just threw my vape away right before typing this out. I am happy to try to quit, in the past I had used smokeless tobacco when I was younger for about 2-3 years and was able to quit cold turkey. The cravings were there in a sense but it felt more like I was just missing something in my jaw. Im nervous about the side effects of quitting, but not of quitting. I realize that finally it has done nothing for me but its more of just a muscle memory type deal for me, especially in high stress moments. I was skeptical about a community for quitting, but I want to be healthier and from reading some of the posts, this community seems like it has each others backs.. Wish me luck, as of now I am quitting vaping! 

10 Comments