cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Quitting Today vs. Staying Quit vs. Supportive Boyfriend

tabk
0 2 25
I relapsed and smoked enough consistently over three days to cause nicotine cravings and withdrawals. Today was my day not to smoke anymore. I have tried to quit so many times already and I am fed up with it! I want to quit for real this time, once and for all. I need to do this the right time so I can finally succeed. I am not sure if I should continue smoking for a while or not. If I do, I can take advantage of every step of the program here. If I do, I do not think that I will really lose any ground because I smoke every few days or weeks with increasing frequency. However, my boyfriend will be very upset. I have relapsed many times since we quit in December and I have told him each time that it would not happen again. I know that he is having a hard time believing me now, but who could blame him? He is my only support and I don't want to make him feel like I am not trying. I do want to quit. I know it will kill me. I know that it takes money that we need for our future together. I know that it hurts him. I would really appreciate any advice people can offer. tabk
2 Comments