Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Quitmas Eve

Storm.3.1.14
0 20 237

Here it is, the evening before my quit!

I thought, all day, on what I would say at this one particular moment, and here it is:

Before me stretches a 28-year-long rope of unhealthy behaviors, knotted with indefensible excuses and tangled with unruly addictions. I, alone, made this rope; I, alone, will un-make this rope. I'm just so fortunate and very grateful that, for the first time, I have a community of teachers to show me how, and a fistful of mentors to keep me going.

My plan is in place, my supplies are ready, my mind is clear, my heart is firing up.

Bring on the sunrise, people! New day, new lessons, new experiences, NEW LIFE!

STORM

20 Comments
klv

Yes! Tomorrow is a new day, the best day. Bring on the new life of freedom!

cheyenne7

I'm so happy for you...so many good things ahead, just waiting for you to grab onto : )

OldBones-Larry

May your journey be successful. Call for help as needed. We are here to support your journey.

Larry the Caravan Master

elvan

Quitmas Eve...very, very clever and so important to remember that this IS something to look forward to, you are right, you have a whole lot of support here, people who have been where you are now and who can offer you the exact advice you need...like it comes out of nowhere.  We will all be thinking of you tomorrow on the first day of your journey.  

Mike.n.Atlanta

From this day forward every day will be a new day Storm. None of the old mundane soul sucking socially thieving routines will be acceptable when you've had a taste of true freedom. We're all pullin for ya & will help in any way we can. Remember that smoking IS a choice I don't care what that voice inside yer head says. Make the commitment.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Well hell Merry Quitmas to ya!  The best gift you are going to give yourself is the gift of freedom.  The sooner you snuff out the nicogrinch the better.  May sugarplums dance in your head - because the nicogrinch soon will be dead.

Its going to be a morning of a whole new day!!

Ms. "J"

tim0921

Go get em and we are here for you!

sophieschoice

My first day starting... and can see this is incredible at every step in the journey!  

luxie

Merry Quitmas Eve Storm!!!

You brake that rope, tear it up and get rid of it for good...You should celebrate, remember if you need us just type "help" and we will be here for you..

Marion

newlife5

love it  merry quitmas..

i feel like im hunting wascally wabbits...when i say that... thanks for the smile it should be a joyous occasion..

you have a good quit coming up

ljguptill

Yahoo!!!!!! Go for it! You are going to handle this! Just take it one day/hour/minute/breath at at time, whatever stragegy is needed! NOPE= Not One Puff Ever... That has gotten a lot of people through some of the questionable moments. You have a decision to make and please choose your life 🙂 We are all in the same boat, and here to say, YES, you CAN. 

Thomas3.20.2010

With 100% Commitment - FREEDOM is yours for the taking!

There is NO DISCUSSION about "just one!" 

Don't even entertain the thoughts! They're just cars on the highway of your Mind! BUT you have better road ahead of you! The Highway to FREEDOM! Stay on the path and let those cars zip in - through - and out of your mind!

We're here to hold the Road Map!

ladybug21

Merry Quitmas Eve Storm !!! love your blog. You can count on this group, we are here to help you if you need it. You can do it, you can un-make your rope and all the knots.  day 49 here, thanks to EXer's.....

Sootie

Great Title!!!!

You're a winner Storm....I can tell. Your positive comments and determination are going to spell success. you CAN do this and you WILL.

Stay Strong.

OH-----btw-----Happy Quitmas!

Jaxson1-16-14

I love it! Merry Quitmas Eve Storm! You have this and I know you are going to ROCK this quit! Congratulations on making a fantastic decision for you!! 🙂

Mrs.Rum

You're going to love the end results, remember that in the tough moments.  There IS a point and it WILL be worth it.  We're rooting for you.

moody_9-18-13

Let's get this quit on the road! You've prepared yourself well. Stay close to this site, it has helped so many of us to have the support of our EX family.

I'm relearning life without smoking. I'm now at day 163 and I can tell you, without these people pointing me in the right direction to learn, read, prepare and know what to expect when I quit, I don't believe I would be here.

You've found a great source of strength and support here. Lean on us when you're not strong. There will be days when you will be tested, so know you have friends here that will do everything we can to help you.

Strudel

I love what Sootie wrote above about you being a winner! So true - I can spot them too! And, guess what - she told me that I was a winner also and that I would make it! So - we know she speaks the truth! You've got this! 

stonecipher

I like the way you think.  And the way you write.  And the way you quit.

So glad to have you here.  Not only are you going to be successful in quitting smoking, you are going to be a really fun person to hang out with here.

@Newlife--I laughed out loud at the Elmer Fudd reference. 🙂

Storm.3.1.14

THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!!!