cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Quite a Quit Day!

grizzmax
0 9 1

Today is my quit day and I feel great. I AM a non-smoker!! Woooohooooo!

9 Comments
promise_judy

Good for you! Congrats on your decision and keep posting.

XOXO

YoungAtHeart

Great start!  Now - rinse and repeat (ooops, sorry, that's shampoo instructions!!)  Ignore the "rinse" part and repeat this day over and over!

The idea is to distract yourself through any craves.  You can take slow, deep breaths, go for a walk, play a computer game, do a crossword, bite into a lemon (yup, rind and all).   Here is a link to a list of 100 things to do instead of smoke if you need fresh ideas:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instea...

The conversation in your head CANNOT be:  "I want a cigarette.  No!  But - I WANT a cigarette!”

Instead, it needs to be "I want a cigarette.  Well, since I have decided not to do that anymore, what shall I do instead for the three minutes this crave will last?"  Then DO it!

Stay close to us here; ask questions as you have them and for support when you need it. We will be with you every step of the way.

Nancy

marilyn_marmac

Congrats on an amazing DAY 1! Keep that attitude going and repeat every day. A good attitude will help you rock this quit from Day 1 to infinity.

JonesCarpeDiem

when you get a crave just say

"I don't do that anymore"  loud enough so you can hear yourself.

cookie804

Congratulations on the beginning of a new life. We are all here for you.

Giulia

Goody goody goody goody goody!  Chin up.  We know you CAN! 

suzanne41

Happy quit day!! 

freeneasy

Promise yourself you won't and honor your promise- You know that smoking does not change anything -life still happens good, bad and everything in between. You can stop.Make it priority 1 and stick by it.

grizzmax

Thanks everyone! Still going strong! You all are wonderful!