cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Quit day May come sooner

River529
3 11 247

I told myself when the packs I had left were gone that was it. I have 3 packs left. My quit day is 8 days away. I planned my quit day for the day after my physical. 
Seems my quit day will be Monday May 6. So I’ll be at Dr on day 4. Maybe this is best and Dr can really see how I’m doing right away. 

11 Comments
green1611

Welcome to EX @River529 

Wishing you all the best for this journey !

YoungAtHeart

ANY day is a good day to quit smoking!!!!

I hope you continue to read and prepare for it!

Nancy

Barbscloud

@River529.  You've been on the site reading and supporting other quitters already.   This is all a part of a successful quit.  May 6th will be a new beginning!

Are you still going to talk to your doctor about possible quit aids?

Best wishes on your journey.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

River529

@Barbscloud  Yes I am. Complete physical May9. Have my notes. I have had a few blood levels elevated for last 2 years. More than likely due to smoking. I am going to ask her to hold me accountable. Ask if maybe some repeat check ins/labs could be OR_____ . One level is Co2. It’s been high. So, maybe she could order that I come back for labs in a month or____.  Seeing levels drop would be a great additional motivator for me. 

Barbscloud

@River529 My Pulmonary doctor was very influential in my quit.  He suggested the meds to use and referred me to a smoking cessation class at his hospital.  I normally would see him once a year, but he did have me come in more frequently when I first quit to support me.   Positive reinforcement is a great motivator.  So seeing your doctor more often sounds like a good plan.

Barb

River529

@YoungAtHeart  I’m not stopping my prep at allllll. If anything I’m prepping more:) in a way I’m excited it’s happening sooner. I was quitting on a Friday which meant facing a 2 pack a day smoking spouse home on day 2-3🤦🏼‍♀️ This way I will have 5 days under my belt, plus Dr visit done ✔️

I can do this!💪🏼🙏🏼 

Barbscloud

@River529 Yes you can!

Barbscloud_0-1703787976451.jpeg

Barb

River529

@green1611 Thank You!!

brookebelt

So excited for u! U got this!

Patrick1234

Best of luck. I think youre ready!  I was kinda looking forward to my quit day also. I think telling the doctor you have a few days quit will be a good motivator. And also if you are struggling you can talk to your doctor for advice. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You got this @River529! We are rooting for you!

Quiana, EX Team