cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Quit date

bj.reba
0 6 86

hi everyone. Some of you may still remember me. I was on ex but I could not ember the website so it's been a little who'll since I've been here. Thank for the email to check on. Now I can get back with people who are supporters who are and have gone through what I'm going through. I start my journey tomorrow or today since its past 12 am. A little while ago i went on the porch to smoke my last cigerrtte and throw away my little bucket that I put my cigerrtte buys in. Got rid of my lighters. I haven't smoked in my house so that is a plus. One of my fears is that I go to my dads and stay a few nights with him. He is 84 with copd and has some other health issues. He still smokes about a pack a day and his house stinks of cigerrtte smoke. When I come back home my clothes and overnight bag smells like too.

cindy Rigsby

6 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

If the smell of smoke triggers you, you could put some vicks under your nose while you are there. No need to smear it on your clothes unless you choose to.  🙂

MadViral

Congratulations

JonesCarpeDiem

I was looking back to the last time you posted a blog. It was over 3 years ago and at that time you were coming back to the site and concerned because you were taking care of your mother and away from your husband.

That set of circumstances prevented you from coming back for three years? People left messages on your page long after you disappeared. Do you not get email notifications? If not you can edit your profile so you do.

This place doesn't help if you don't participate

bj.reba
Thank you for the info you gave me. I will read it. No after a while I think I may have unsubscribe because I was going through so much and then I forgot the website. I received a email not long ago. Great timing because that was the time I was ready to quit. This is my second day without a cigarette and I'm doing good with my cravings. Learning a lot of good information to help with that. It's good to be back. I'm truly ready this time But-Reba aka Cindy
JonesCarpeDiem

Onward and Upward!

bj.reba

Hi everyone. Just an update on how I'm doing. Since my wit day,this past Sunday I slipped and had a cigarette, at first I felt like a failure. But I learned a very good thing when this happened. I could feel my chest tighten and my breathing wasn't very good. So instead of getting down on myself, I thought, I am ok with the slip up because the way it made me feel (just one), I knew that I didn't want to smoke anymore. It was an eye opener for me. I'm more determined now more than I was. I'm not saying that all will feel this way. Different people act to it different ways. Please don't pick up a cigarette because you can get through this a feel good and proud of what you have accomplished. 

Ciny