cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Quit July 7, why the hell is it getting HARDER.

Erlanderai
3 15 307

preface; I quit on birthday on July 7, 2022 Smoked for 40 something years, yaddda yadda yadda. Decided enough was enough and quit 5 months before my original quit date.  Wife still smokes, that is fine, people smoking near me is fine, that doesn't bother me. That is what they do , not what I do. You aren't in ccontrol of what other people do and shouldn't judge. What's the saying, don't judge unless you've walked a mile in their shoes. I have that is why I don't judge. Quitting is hard. Takes comittment, not willpower.  Willpower is something you think is out of yor control, some people have it, others don't.  It is not about willpower more self control???  

Enough on that, At this point in my quit, I think it is harder than the first few weeks than it is now. I am using my gum but using more than I want.  Maybe because I am thinking of the next step to give up the gum, too, sinccce patch failed me.   Maybe I just need to dig in and tell nicodemon to F off?? I'll start ranting now but ty to all of ex, got me this far!!! NOPE and I got this!, I think.

15 Comments