cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Questions from the Heart

Mavihoja
1 6 105

Don't know exactly why I am motivated to blog today.  I think it is because I'm reaching out to become more intimate with my community of exer's, who I attribute much loveingkindness.  One thing I know to be true is that the way to attract friendship is to be open, honest, and upfront.

I know all of us have our own issues these days, now combined with many of us struggling to either get smokefree or continue on the path. I sincerely tip my hat to those who are beginning their quit in these times.  

I don't know bout you guys, but God is more in my face these days than usual.  I am having a hard time equating or accepting His role in what has happened to our world.  I've been a Christian musician all of my life and been blessed with finally graduating to a mega church here in Scottsdale, Arizona called Scottsdale Bible Church.  You really ought to google it, because our outreach is vast.

My issue is, I can't seem to associate God's purpose in letting happen what has happened to our world.  I know I am not alone in this dilemma.  The virus knows borders, religions, color, race, IQ's wealth, or anything.  It is not focused and takes whomever it can infect.  How does this play into God's purpose?  How does it fit into His reputation?  What is the natural goal here?

Ya, sometimes I let my head do a runaway.

But, I'm still a non-smoker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace, and i love you all.

Michael (Mavihoja)

6 Comments
SimplySheri

Good questions....no answers.  But I know we are in this together and I know that together we can make a difference   Nice to 'meet' you, Michael.  Glad you're here!!

Sheri

YoungAtHeart

I have no answer for you, either, I'm afraid.

But it's good to see you!

Nancy

Mortalzeus

"The sufferings of the present are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed in us."  Romans 8:18

This has guided me well in moments of doubt.  I also recently read the sermon delivered by Rev. Francis J. Grimke on November 3, 1918.  Truly a powerful and comforting reflection.  I have included a link for those interested.

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=emu.010002585873&view=1up&seq=1

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Michael.  

Be Safe, Stay Strong, and Embrace the Journey!

Darren 

sweetplt

Hi Mavihoja I believe God has a plan and purpose...and perhaps this virus is to bring people back to him...we have taken God out of so much ... he is always trying to bring that “one lost sheep home”...I find so much comfort in my faith right now...because God always brings good out of bad...and he is doing it...hope that helps and you find peace in him...~ Colleen 500 DOF 

Beck37

I’m kind of hoping this is God giving us a wake up call. The world/our country has been a mess. So much disrespect, divide and ugliness. People had forgotten the importance of being good people. I knew it would take something BIG to fix what was going on and I’m just hoping this is it....

Beck

Barbara145

"Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not on thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths"  It is from the Bible.  I have forgotten where.        Trust and obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey   Take care.