cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Question – Which of the following doesn't belong?

YoungAtHeart
0 7 84

Root beer float

Diet Coke

Bottled Water

Iced Tea

Margarita

Pepsi

Orange juice

Answer – If you are a nicotine addict, a margarita should never be in your hand/mouth. Alcohol is a proven quit killer! Do you know how many alcoholic drinks it will take before that voice in your head that “just one won't hurt” starts to sound reasonable? If not, please don't chance it!

Nancy

7 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

bottled water here

Thomas3.20.2010

How about a fresh limeade? In this 90 degree weather it still sounds great!

riley8

Good advice!

MarilynH

Excellent advice, i go from my morning coffee straight to drinking water the rest of the day. 

annb
I know but Boo :-(. I don't drink much or very often, "but when I do ... " I have a 'Rita on the rocks w/salt. But I only have one which hasn't made me want a cig. (Cheap date). Hahaha!
Junior7

Still having my coffee here!

FreeandClear

I, like Annb am not a real alcohol drinker.  I might drink on my birthday if he girls at work want to hang out and just maybe on New Year's Eve.  On those occasions I am not tempted to smoke but I do need to have my bed close by. I'm such a whimp 🙂

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.