cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

QUITTING SMOKING

Sootie
3 13 184

Tommy titled the TRAIN  blog….."it's the “quitting season”. The holidays just seem to want to make people quit smoking. I guess the holidays make us want to be better people. And for a smoker, the “better” part always includes wishing you could quit.

As everyone on this site will tell you…..there is no wishing about it. It takes, commitment, it takes some hard work and some hard days (no sense sugar coating it….it does!). But accomplishing quitting smoking will give you the greatest feeling you have ever had.

This holiday season, I am six + years into my quit. I cannot express to you how fantastic it is not to have to think “I should quit.” Not to have to worry about this cold I had and whether it is “something else”-----as we all did when smoking. Not to have to run in and out of parties to stand in the cold and smoke; stopping people in mid story to say “excuse me for a minute……….”. Not to have to wake up on yet another New Year’s Day morning not having accomplished putting the damn things down!

If you have joined in the spirit this year and decided to quit, you have made the best decision you could ever have made and you have given yourself and your loved ones a present that never ends. We are so glad to have you with us here at EX. Please do all the reading that has been suggested……it is one of the keys to success. Come to the site often and read what others have to say……new or experienced quitters….all words are valuable. And REACH OUT on this site if you think you are going to give in and smoke……..someone will be here for you. Listen to them!

WELCOME! Stay Strong.

13 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

Great Blog you said it all.  Ditto

elvan

Welcome to all of the newbies, you have come to the right place to begin your journey!

TerrieQuit

Thanks for a great blog, Sootie! It isn't over in a day or week or month or.............. It' not an event, It's a journey! That's what I was told when I first came to EX and now that I have been here for awile, I know it's true! Quit for yourself and promise yourself that you will stay quit no matter what! Thanks again for sharing, Sootie! Have a nice evening!

Terrie  181  DOF

YoungAtHeart

Yes - welcome to all who are just joining us.  Quitting isn't easy, but it is oh, so doable.  It takes some effort - but it is SO worth it!

Nancy

MarilynH

Thank you for sharing this wonderful blog, quitting smoking is definitely the best decision anyone can make, it's absolutely doable and absolutely worth it.

Marilyn 

froguelady

Great blog Sootie and no reason to sugarcoat cause it takes work and most of all commitment.

Strudel

Amen - wonderful blog Sootie!! (Happy New Year!) 

JonesCarpeDiem

Ya!

freeneasy

You covered it -can't say it any better, Ms. Sootie.

Giulia

This is such a positive, uplifting blog!  It takes a bit of time to experience the JOY of being free, but once you get there - you never want anything else.  For those who have quit  and remain so - they never have to think about getting it up for another Day One.  They never have to say again "Gee I really need to quit, I wish I could."  And you know what's one of the coolest things about quitting?  When you check the box that says "Non smoker!"  That's a high that keeps on giving every time it happens.   Thanks Sootie.  

Junior7

What a motivational blog!  Thanks!

mtc

I am 36 days past my quit date, using chantix with good results, I found this site and am so grateful, I can see what my triggers are, I am addicted and going thru heavy withdrawl. Any insight would be so appreciated. I dont want to smoke, but I miss it even with the Chantix.

It was like my best friend left me.

jacks1125

great blog!!

About the Author
I quit smoking in 2009 after years and years of addiction. I just became sick and tired of the whole smoking thing. This site was a lifesaver with the support I received...so as you can see, I hung around to help others. I became friends with many people....some are here now and some are gone. Welcome to anyone who is new....this is EX....we are all here for each other.