cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Putting one foot in front of the other

djmurray
0 14 4

Again, I don't know what I would do without you guys.  Knowing you are out there pulling for me means a great deal.   I didn't cry at work today (YaY) but will admit that for a couple of hours of it I definitely could have cried.  I'm not trying to make this worse than it is and also not trying to minimize it.  It is a nasty position to be in, but it's not the end of the world.  My ego is bruised, but maybe my ego was too big and I needed a little bring down.  I learned a long time ago that victim-hood brings about as much to a stressful situation as smoking does.  Walking around with a big old weight on your chest that feels like it's the dam holding back a torrent of tears isn't the easiest feeeling to shake, but it is shakable.  It's doable.

So today was doable and I actually worked late, then made it home in time for Dancing with the Stars.  I love me some mindless entertainment when I'm full of troubled thoughts and doubts.  It's a nice distracftion when the brain wants a rest.

And speaking of rest i need to ket some now.  I'll write agan soon, but please know, my dear friends, that I love you all and I will be okay.

14 Comments