cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Profile of a non-smoker.

tireduvsmoke
0 2 0

Hello, I'm just someone who wants to quit smoking.

I come here to get help and hopefully give some help.

I don't care who you are, man or woman, black, white, brown, rich or poor.

We are all the same when it comes to cigarettes, we all want to quit, or stay quit. That's why we are here.

If I say something you don't like, don't take it personally, I am a human being, with imperfections like all human beings have. I apoligize.

So if someone (including me), makes you mad on this site, remember what it was like when you had the worst craving of your quit. Could you think rational and make good decisions?

I couldn't, all I could do was think about how much I wanted a cigarette. That doesn't justify being rude, but people deal with cravings differently. If cussing me out will help you pass a craving, cuss away.

But my craving passed and I did not smoke, no matter how bad I wanted to.

That doesn't make me special, that doesn't make me better than anyone else. All it means was I chose not to give in to the craving, because I want to stay quit. If I did decide to give in and smoke that doesn't make me special or different from anyone else. All it means was I gave in to the craving. And now I have a choice, keep smoking or start my quit again.

I hope I never have to make that choice again, I don't think I will have to. Because I will not under any circumstances put a cigarette in my hand. I hope you never put one in yours either. But that is your choice, not mine.

I hope with all sincereness that you quit smoking cigarettes. I know it can be done because I am doing it. And I'm not special, I am not different, I'm just a normal guy, who used to smoke cigarettes, who doesn't anymore.

Join me.

2 Comments