cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Procedure is done day 27 is coming to an end

Momoffivesons
5 5 223

Well today I had the ablation done. I guess in the next week I'll see how well the procedure is doing. I always have my boxing gloves ready. I'm not sure if it's normal but there are some days I'm particular hours with a cravings are just over the top. It's like that little person on your shoulders saying come on just one hit you know you can do it just take one hit you'll be fine no problem. That's when I go to SmackDown mode I'll grab a piece of gum I throw my rubber ball around for a while. I'm trying to get up exercise regime that's good for me. I kid around about having my boxing gloves on but when I take the totality of my body I had broke my hip 2018 and fractured my back and tore my right rotary cuff. All on the same day. And even though it's not funny but looking back on it I guess it is that commercial where it says help by falling and I can't get up it's true when I broke my hip I couldn't even belly crawl. I broke it while watching my grandson. I had a cortisone shot in my right knee last week. And I do have a moderate case of lymphedema, which is fluid retention in the legs. Okay all of this sounds pretty bad but it's all doable I've  able to walk use the exercise ball I can do certain exercises using a chair. And YouTube is such a good source of videos you can type in what you need. I found these two physical therapists called Bob and Brad. Also found quite a few videos for seniors. Which start from ages 50 on up with or without disabilities. So basically I don't have any excuse that I can't do some form of exercise I'm trying to get a program together for me so when these urges hit that's it. As I mentioned in my last post it gets really exciting to be able to share here and say yes I've got another couple days in. For now it's not only the disappointment if I give in the thought of starting from day one is just too much. My son 100% never wants me to go through this again he says I put a new meaning to being testy, irritable. The first couple weeks he avoided me at all cost. And I've got to get my nutrition in order. I know this is a silly question but did smoking help keep you slimer? I don't mind a few pounds I put on it's all good. I wasn't overweight when I quit, but I have put on almost 2 lb. I just love this community I'm just going on and on I do keep the sugarless gum the sugarless mints. Cinnamon sticks. But I think for us older folks are metabolisms that slow down a tad bit so it's easier to gain a little weight. Well again I'm thank this awesome community for being there reading my blogs encouraging me and it's extremely helpful when I read them it's like yes I've got my team behind me. Oh good night 🌃, hoping you have a beautiful day tomorrow. I just can't believe it's been 27 days, still got a long ways to go, battling Mr nicotine is a lifetime commitment. 

5 Comments
About the Author
I'm the mom of five grown sons my oldest son passed away in 2016. I have two beautiful grandchildren. I believe in our lord Jesus. And I'm recently separated after 45 year very emotional abusive marriage. Grateful for this community and New beginnings. I'm trying to end all bad habits situations.