cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Please List One Thing you like about Smoke FREE!

Thomas3.20.2010
11 62 767

Let's make a very long list for Folks to draw on!

I'll start with My Number One:

(1) Protecting my Grandchildren from Second and Third Hand Smoke.

Hop On....

62 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Not missing out on life because I smoke. Such as not going places or doing things because I could not smoke there. 

TW517

2) No more sneaking out to smoke 

freeneasy

Peace of mind knowing that I'm no longer paying to give myself a smoking-related disease.

MarilynH

I don't miss inhaling on a smoke and then coughing so hard that my chest hurt and my eyes filled with tears!

Tabbiekat

My hair still smells nice (like my shampoo) at the end of the day

Deb-EX

When I kiss my son good night and he doesn't push me away because I stink! 

Strudel

Living in the moment! 

Thomas3.20.2010

My Son quit 4 Months after I did - for Life!

dwwms

Not having to check my wallet to see if I have enough money to buy a pack!

(and yeah, there's plenty others!)

YoungAtHeart

Not feeling like a leper  because I don't just stop this "bad habit."

kristen-9-7-15

I don’t have to hide my smoking. There’s nothing to hide anymore!

RachelMB

I am not missing moments with my family because I am hiding somewhere smoking!

Rachel 

JonesCarpeDiem

I'm glad I saw through it and don't need do it.

Giulia

List ONLY ONE????  That's tough.  

Not being a slave to an addictive behavior that costs me money and health.

JACKIE1-25-15

Gosh Thomas3.20.2010‌ It is very hard keeping it on one thing, but I will try.  No more shame of smoking. 

elvan

Meeting Ellen and getting reacquainted with her...I lost her when I started to smoke.

Mandolinrain

Everything said above PLUS......Not being concerned that my car is going to catch fire because I thew a cigg out the window and it blew back into the backseat!

Deb-EX

LOL    

Sootie

Recognizing smoking was a BOTHER....not a joy.  No longer needing to find a place, make sure you had cigs, make sure you had a lighter.........just the whole BOTHER of it.

KMC56

EVERYTHING smelling fresh and clean!

Bree19

I can smell flowers again!  

Michaelle

Not being controlled by this habit. 

Mortalzeus

I don't cough up mucus or phlegm of various colors anymore!

susan_m

I don't stink!

Deb-EX

Agreed!!! OMG, the freaking missing lighters...yes, it was exactly that, a BOTHER!

susan_m

Haha, yes!  I always kept one "hidden" just in case. Did you ever light a cigarette on one of the old coils of a stove when you couldn't find a lighter? The struggle was real!

JACKIE1-25-15

How about the toaster.  God forbid.

Roller831

The one thing I like best about not smoking is that there are a tons of things that are great about not smoking!  

linda258

I don't fear how long a flight or car trip is going to be or if a hotel has smoking rooms. I can enjoy travel. I can enjoy life!

Deb-EX

SO TRUE!!! 🙂

Anya

The absolutely delicious relaxing and energizing feeling of taking a long deep breath.

Deb-EX

OMG, I am LAUGHING Susan!!!! Oh yes - yes yes yes I HAVE!!! You are correct, the struggle was VERY real. And the moment you lost your "hidden" lighter .. yea, that never ended well either!! LOL LOL

Deb-EX

Yes, I have used a TOASTER.. LMAO!!!!!

superbec1

Love that I can go out to lunch with work friends instead of smoking alone in my car

Iamkfaz

My 3 month old grand daughter Julia, breathing, freedom and no more coughing.....it goes on and on and on!!!

Kpnbo

Laughing so hard about the lighting the cigarette on the stove!  Don’t know how many times I did that!  So grateful not to be a part of another addiction. 20 years clean and sober. 142 days smoke free. 

YoungAtHeart

And did anyone singe their eyelashes trying to get a cigarette lit on a gas stove?  It's a wonder I didn't set MYSELF on fire!!!

😉

cpsono

Not freezing my a$$ off to go outside and smoke during Pennsylvania winters! And yes, Nancy, have singed my eyebrows and also my bangs!

Sandy-9-17-17

The one thing I love the most about being smoke free, is that I am finally in control of my life! The pretty much wraps everything up into a one liner!  It no longer controls me!  

Giulia

Yes, but the real challenging one is rubbing two sticks together in front of your face with a cigarette in mouth waiting for the tinder to catch!  lol

Deb-EX

Of course!!! Singe eyelashes, eyebrows, bangs.. You name it I singed it!! LOL LOL

Beth86

This goes with the not stinking... but actually putting on perfume and smelling the perfume instead of Smokey perfume.... and all of the above. 

Anya

Smoking takes up so much time, that  is better used for a million other things! 

PuffnstuffAlexander53

The feeling of being able to take long deep breaths. Wowww! Been so long I had forgotten what that was like

IrishRose

As a smoker, I always woke up with this deep bronchial cough.  The cough is gone, completely gone; I do not cough anymore at all. 

Irish Rose

elvan

I very rarely cough any more and when I do, it does not sound anything like that gurgly smoker's cough that can be recognized from a long ways away.

bonniebee

So many things hard to list just one ! I  love the  freedom of not ever needing a cigarette anymore !

gottastop2

I love not standing outside in the freezing cold or rain just to feed my habit 

YoungAtHeart

With bad weather in the forecast, not having to worry about running out!

Anya

My skin feels smoother. My hair stays fresh so much longer. My eyes may actually look brighter!

OK, that's 3 things, but they all are related:)

About the Author
63 years old. 20 year smoker. 11 Years FREE! Diagnosed with COPD. Choosing a Quality LIFE! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1