cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Please Keep Youngatheart (Nancy) In Your Thoughts And Prayers (Updated)

JonesCarpeDiem
0 39 39

She took a bad fall on a raised sidewalk and is in the ER with possible broken bones in her shoulder area

I'll update you if I find out anything else.

(As she concurred, "this really screws up swimming for awhile!"

(Which may affect flan intake)

UPDATE

She got home late last night. In agony this morning. Looking for an orthopedic surgeon

39 Comments
Jordan-11-1-12

thank you, dale, keep us updated!!

Mandolinrain

Oh my gosh!!! I sure will say prayers for Nancy, I hope she will be okay. Thanks for letting us know!

Nyima_1.6.13

Hope she doesn't have to celebrate one year anniversary in a cast!?! My thoughts are with her. XOXO

barbara42

oh no, sure hate to hear this, let her know that our thoughts and prayers are with her

phyllis-12-7-15

Thanks for posting, best wishes for speedy recovery.

JonesCarpeDiem

She doesn't yet know if they will keep her the night or not. She hasn't even been into xray ans of 15 minutes ago.

If she calls I will update but it's already 940 back there and they just brought more pain meds so I don't know if she will have the POM to call back tonight

(presence of mind)

wishingstar

My healing prayers are going out to Nancy

Renee

joyeuxencore

OH NO!!! Thanks Dale! xo

ret

This is too bad, please keep us updated.  Prayers going her way.

TigerLadie

Thanks for letting us know...  sending healing thoughts and prayers to Nancy...

anniexhx

oh no send her my love

JonesCarpeDiem

she just called back. wanted me to sing for her neighbor. LOL. as I finished they were taking her to xray. The neighbor who insisted she take the walk is there with her so I think she will want to go home if possible. I told her to call back when she knows anything.

misty_dawn

Prayers for Nancy!

kris54

Oh NO!!!  Sending you TONS of healing wishes, my friend!  ❤️

freeneasy

Thanks -I hope she is OK! She was a really good buddy to me last winter when I pretty new here.

ShawnP

Oh dear! keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

jensteff

Oh no, she is one of my favorites here. Love her and sending healing hugs.

mygirls-6-5-17

I am praying for Nancy! I love her!

sharon110

Prayers and good thoughts for you Nancy... wishing you a speedy recovery!

mel_74
Sending prayers!
luisdeleon619

i hope  nancy is ok

Thomas3.20.2010

How awful! Add my knee-mail to the Community of Prayer! I wish her a speedy recovery! Shoulder breaks are not good ever. But we have shown over and over again the power of prayer!

lvs2rock

Prayers for Nancy! Oh dear! hugs

JonesCarpeDiem

she just called. one of her daughters came up to give her a shoulder.

she's being released tonight in a sling and with the xray and cat scan on a dvd and she will find an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.

that is all.

for now

SmokedOut041412

Oh my--- Heal quickly Nancy! Prayers up for YOU ♥

motherlovebone

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Dale!  xo~mlb

Giulia

Healing thoughts her way.  Thanks for the update.

Michwoman

Thank you for keeping us all updated Dale!! Poor Nancy!! Praying for her!

Patty-cake

Yes, Dale, thanks for keeping us updated on Nancy.

Prayers for you Nancy.

pir8fan

My thoughts and prayers are with Nancy!! Be better!! Quick!!

JonesCarpeDiem

I spoke with her briefly.

The word is AGONY. She and her daughter are trying to find the orthopedic surgeon to put her shoulder back together

lindan_7-14-10

GOD'S blessings to you Nancy, may HIS healing HANDS touch and heal you. I will keep you in my prayers♥

lindan_7-14-10

Thank you for the update, Dale♥

Stac2

Dale do we have an update?  I am just now seeing this.  Praying right now.

Thank you, XO, Stacie

JonesCarpeDiem

i haven't heard anything since early this morning

sjvan65

Sending lots of prayers  her way.Jan V

freeneasy

Get well soon Nancy!

Strudel

Sending prayers for Nancy.....just getting here today. Thanks Dale! 

Legend

Sending prayers she will be ok soon.

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.