JonesCarpeDiem
0 11 28

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/cdruffy

they quit saturday night and are having a hard time

11 Comments
helpsamquit

I sure hope you can do it, I sure hope I can do it! Best luck to us both 🙂

JonesCarpeDiem

i sure hope you think you're lucky. if you hope you are lucky,  it will be so, right?

only lucky people can quit smoking, right? so, you better hope you are lucky, right?

can't quit unless you are lucky, right?

i sure hope i can luck it. i sure hope you can luck it too.

we may not quit but we'll both be lucked.

JonesCarpeDiem

luck and hope have no place in quitting

family-first
Lol.... Welcome!
JonesCarpeDiem

god helps sams that help themselves

JonesCarpeDiem

and

cinnamon hearts wont give you farts

but

losing your quit will make you say s*it

Ex_Nancy

Hi cdruffy and welcome to EX! Come and post on the blogs so we can support you...there is NO NEED to be shy, we are all here to help you...

CHOOSE to quit smoking, not try and we will support you. Educate yourself by reading these links to the materials that most of us have used to help us quit and STAY quit! This is about making a DECISION to never put another cigarette in your mouth, mean it, and be committed to follow through on that decision. Also allow NO excuses AND hang in there for as long as it takes, no matter how uncomfortable you become.... This is about re-learning your life WITHOUT cigarettes....start changing your "normal" routine....because a smoker's routine revolves around cigarettes. You will be a nonsmoker so change how you start your morning so it doesn't revolve around cigarette breaks, etc. You CAN do this......nobody said it will be easy, we just said it would be worth it....http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/Allen_Carr_s_Easy_Way_To_Stop_Smoking_Download_free_PDF

http://quitsmokingonline.com

JonesCarpeDiem

helpsamquit

I ORDER YOU TO STOP SMOKING! (AND HOPE YOU GET LUCKY!)

JonesCarpeDiem

BUT,  you will probably suceed if you follow nancy's advice

mamabear5

hi, Im just starting my quit too, day one actually today since i messed up yesterday. yesterday i didnt realize you cant come at this all non chalant. You have to own it, you have to choose it. look at it this way: there are things I refuse to do, flat out refuse, such as, steal, lie, cheat, etc, why should smoking be any different? just refuse! I wish you all the best and seriously, these people know what they are talking about. they have been where we are, and where I want to be!  so welcome cdruffy, you can do this, it wont be easy,  but it can be done

Connie55

Mamabear- you have just made a HUGE stride forward in your quit by,

1) realizing you can't come at this all non chalant. You are in the fight of your life, FOR your life. Not a battle you want to lose!

2) Putting it in perspective as something you simply refuse to do, this puts the power in YOUR hands and strengthen your resolve.

and 3) reaching out a helping hand to cdruffy. Helping others along the way also helps to strengthen you as well.

Thank you for caring about others! 🙂

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.