cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Patch Problem!

debbiet
0 11 163

Two weeks ago, I did a trial run with the patch. I went 3 1/2 hours and had heart flutters like crazy. The patch was 14 mg and the brand was sun mark.  I removed the patch and a few hours later the heart flutters stopped.  Today I did another patch trial run...this time 7 mg and the brand was Nicoderm CQ. After 6 hours I got slight heart flutters but not bad but the worst was horrible achy pain in right leg...I had placed the patch on my right hip. Five or ten mns after removing the patch, the pain ceased. Dagnabit! Otherwise, the patch was working, helping me! 

11 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Have you quit?  How long since you have smoked?

Barbara145

How long did you put nicotine in your body?  The patch is just nicotine it eliminates all the other chemicals we were putting in our bodies.  The patch needs to be put on a muscular part of the upper body not lower body.  You can use the patch.

YoungAtHeart

I would check with your doctor before trying it again.  Heart flutters are not to be messed with!

Nancy

Sootie

I second Nancy's words.......always check with your doctor on physical issues......we are here to support you but we are not medical experts. Never fool with your health!

JonesCarpeDiem

I don't know how many cigarettes a day you  were smoking when you quit.

That is how you are to determine patch strength.

Put it on in the morning.

Shoulder or upper arm.

take it off before you sleep if you get the vivid dreams.

Move it tio a different place every day

lois2

put it on your upper body. i would get a pain sometime in my arm. Check with your DR.

Eric_L.

yeah... doctor for sure.  i'd say for me the couple weeks i was wearing a patch i was very aware of my heartbeat. 

bonniebee

I got heart flutters from the patch if I wore it at night take it off at least 1 hour before bedtime.

mspuffnomore

I agree about checking with your doctor; however until you can get in to see him/her I would avoid using the patch and maybe try a shorter duration nicotine replacement like the nicorette quick mist - I love how quick it is and I don't have to chew it for 20 mins and get a sore jaw : )

Good luck!

jeanashaw

hello everyone my name is jeana i really messed up i picked backup yesturday after being smoke free after over a year i really feel bad i just know that my dad passed away last year this month on the 23rd so tom will be very hard to cope because that's the day he passed away he was all i really had and we wer very close and i don't understand alot of thing that's going on in my life i still find myself crying throwing things around he ment and still do mean so much to me.....i mean i'm crying right now as i post i'm very broking and feel there is no hope without him being here he was my dad as well as my mom....i never want a excuse to smoke.......i stopped smoking before he passed and he was soooo very proud of me for that and like most of u he was an ex smoker......and i want to keep him pround because i know he is looking down wishing he could be here with me......I'M REACHING OUT IS ANYBODY UP AROUND THIS TIME!!!!

debbiet

The doc knows about my heart flutters but not the pain yet...I have to call her office. It was a 7 mg patch, Nicoderm brand....I mentioned this. First was on arm, then was on leg...I mentioned this also! I can't do gum or lozenges because I have a denture. The mist sounds interesting. I will look into that! Thank you everyone for your responses!