cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Past the three day mark!

stephanie81215
0 8 19

I'm a little out of it. I had a few beers. Oops! But y'know what I DIDN'T do? Smoke.

I'm really irritable. Over a few things. I don't want to get really specific on my blog, but I will say, I'm pissed at this site. I've tried to blog three times today to "check in" and each time, something goes wrong and my blog doesn't post. Don't do this to me now! I'm so vulnerable.... and moody 😉 And angry.

It's strange because I may be feeling all these emotions, but I have no desire to smoke. I feel some cravings, but I won't pick up a cigarette. Cigarettes never solved anything. They were just there and convenient. And maybe a scapegoat.

Regardless of my emotional state, I do appreciate all the support I have been receiving from my EX friends, friends and family. Love you all and I may be angry and irritable, but I have nothing but appreciation for those who are truly interested in my well-being. Thanks for the being there for me. I need that right now. I'm not ashamed to say it.

8 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Hi, Stephanie!

Did you know that there is a time out feature on the blogs and comments?

I always post on word first and then copy and paste to here. That avoids the frustration of pouring your heart out and losing it all in a time out!

You're doing great!

Keep stacking those days!

Magstoyou

Keep going forward,

I've been there and it will pass!!! The first two weeks was the hardest for me. You are doing good!!! iT IS 9:30 in California. What I would do when I had all the emotions going I would go to bed early and listen to a mediation tape.

Find things that work for you to do and try to get extra sleep if you can. When I didn't work I would take naps!!

You can do this-I did!!

Love Ya Mag 417days of freedom

MisFitz

3 days is AWESOME!!  You rock sista!

PS...If i know this site, and I think I'm quite familiar by now, you will receive some words about how you shouldn't be drinking in 3.....2.....1....   LOL!  My advice...if you are going to drink keep it to just a couple and try to keep it to drinking with non-smokers.  Just a little something I've learned from my many failed quits.

johio

Great Job..One week is in sight....You can do this

cookie804

3 days is great congratulations. I would stay away from the alcohol though. Keep up the good work and we are here for you.

adidassler

Keep up the good work...you now know that you can have a drink without smoking...just keep thinking...N.O.P.E. ( Not One Puff Ever ) and you will be ok....

YoungAtHeart

I just can't resist (LOL) You are VERY lucky you didn't smoke  while drinking.  If I were you, I wouldn't push my luck and make it a regular occurrence!  I have been here awhile, and have seen many quits lost due to drinking.  I just don't want to see you become another casualty.

Being irritable is quite normal early in your quit - as is contrary and moody and all sorts of other mood maladies.  These will all calm down as you get further into your quit.  Just apologize ahead of time to all those who might be affected.  If they understand that you are working really hard to rid yourself of this addiction, I am sure they will support you (or at least stay out of your way!!!)

🙂

ncolwell

I'm so proud of you! Way to go!