cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Painting a Still Life

Nyima_1.6.13
0 11 29

Just got home from an oil painting class! I have painted forever with acrylics and watercolors but was always intimidated by oil painting! Figured if I could quit smoking, I could handle oil paints! Funny thing, much like quitting, all the trepidation was about nothing! I found the process easier than using acrylics and more forgiving than water colors! Nice little gift to me for 100 days and another distraction!

11 Comments
freeneasy

You sound like a woman of many talents! Success at stopping smoking one of them. Congratulations! welcome to the TDC !

erma2

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING AT THE TDC.  ILL BE THERE IN 10 DAYS.  IM VERY PROUD OF YOU .YOUR ONE STRONG LADY AND I THANK YOU  FOR  ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR ME TOO.I HOPE YOU HAVE A BLESSED DAY .  NOPE.  ERMA

Patty-cake

Nyima,

So the journey continues. I never really had a talent for painting, but I'm envious of those of you who do. Maybe you can post one of your paintings for us when your ready. Kudos to you.

JonesCarpeDiem

great job on 100 days.

ShawnP

Congrats on 100 days! A painting class, how great is that? I am happy for you! Will you be taking pics of your painiting to show us?

aztec

way to reward yourself

happy painting !

love to you aztec

quit date 5-5-09

jojo_2-24-11

What a wonderful gift to yourself! Keep it up! Congrats again on 100 days!

jim_ohio

congrats to you....100 days......very nice number..................next 6 percenter...............jim

schneidl

What a wonderful gift to yourself :)! Congrats to you on 100 days, that's awesome!

mayagg

Just became fascinated by your page!!! Love the idea of painting...How wonderful!! I should be writing poetry and/or finding a new piano teacher (in new neigborhood)...creativity is a terrible thing to waste!!  awful week is over...  

jensteff

I also prefer oils and need to pick up a brush again soon.