cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Out of NML.....

Hopeful36
1 9 35

Today is day 131 of my quit and I'm so thankful to all of you that I've come this far. You've all been my inspiration and support. I've reached another personal milestone having passed thru NML and my next goal Is 200 DOF. I'm still patiently waiting for the first full day that I don't think about smoking, but will say that I don't really get too many craves anymore. At this point, I recognize its more psychological and a romancing of smoking than an actual desire. I have to continue to focus on not letting my thoughts defeat me, which has been a pattern in many areas of my life. Weren't many of us really practicing passive suicide when smoking? Anywho, as Dale says....onward and upward. Again, humble thanks to all of you. Have a great weekend!

9 Comments
cheyenne7

Congratulations!!!!  Don't let any thoughts defeat you....you deserve positive, joyful things, you deserve freedom, you deserve a good life.....I'm very proud and inspired by you....I know you did something very awesome daily to get to where you are.....smile, enjoy!!

JonesCarpeDiem

Onward and Upward!

YoungAtHeart

Remember that those times you remember so fondly when you smoked can be recreated.  We associate them with smoking because, well, didn't we ALWAYS have a cigarette in our hand when we were relaxed and happy? 

You CAN recreate new moments - smoking is NOT required!

Congrats on 131 days!  The day will come very soon when you will not think about smoking at all - I promise!

Nancy

LouiseR

Congrats on 131 wonderful smoke free days.  Keep protecting that quit.  200 days will be here before you know it!

MarilynH

Congratulations on your precious 131 DOF and counting WTG ,keep counting your wonderful days you're doing great. 

Hopeful36

Thanks to all who commented on my big day.....as always, you lifted me up for sure!

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Mrs.Rum

Yay for 131 days!  It's such a nice big step!  Don't fret the thinking about it too much.  I thought about it ever day for well over a year.  I didn't mind, so it didn't matter, and it never derailed my efforts.

Onward and upward indeed.

bonniebee

Congrats to you that is a big milestone ! Glad you have that behind you onward and upward !!!