cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Out of NML-still lovin You Guys!

NewMe
0 9 28

Well, I'm on day 132 today, and it's gonna be a rough weekend for me-but I will not consider smoking over it. I meant to come on and blog as I hit the end of NML. but sleep deprivation started early this year, and I found myself brain dead. Here in my hood, people shoot off fireworks like they've got money to burn, and aren't at all worried about burning down a neighbor's house. I used to love fireworks, but my dog is so traumatized by the ordeal, I've come to dread July 4th and New Year's. Now, they've started doing Christmas too, and I think I had 1 night this week where I got to sleep without interruption. So, I give the dog some doggie downers (not too strong), and I will probably have a drink to calm myself, but no smoking, thank you very much.

It may be the timing-going through the tail end of NML during the holidays. Whenever I do have a weak moment, my logical brain does kick in now, and I know I'd be a fool to go back to smoking. But as I pass this milestone, I still rely on a daily visit to this site to reinforce my resolve. I still feel like I frequently learn some new information here. And I still feel EXtremely grateful to all of you for the support and spirit of giving you can find here. I have plenty of days when I come on too tired to even comment on the blogs others have written, but it is very rare for me to miss a day of reading here. So again- thanks to everyone here just for being you! Happy Nope Year to all!

9 Comments