cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Our minds tend to keep us in focus

Gail561
4 4 55

Our minds tend to keep us in focus and sometimes it makes us wonder too how strong we really are. I don’t need this addiction or want it any longer. Time to time it comes to mind saying oh you just want one to drag a taste of the forgotten road. No, I would rather leave that forgotten road behind me now that I don’t have the taste in my mouth. My mind is starting to wonder all over the place with mixed emotions which means I must keep my guard up for a while so that I don’t fall back on old times. You know that trusty friend who slips in your ear – just one – you can place it down again. No, I say enough is enough and I don’t need you any longer. When the emotions and memories get so strong to handle, I must find another outlet to release the pressure. Smoking doesn’t help relieve anything. It only causes more burdens. One thing I don’t need now is more baggage than I am already handling. So, my release is writing or drawing or anything that keeps my hands busy. It helps to let it go or the pressure explodes. Anyone that has been on the fence and not sure you can keep your quit. I am one that can tell you “Yes” you can! I’ve done it with all the baggage and pressure I am going through. I didn’t go back to my so call friend – a cigarette. It’s not my friend. So good-bye to smoking and new ways of dealing with stress and other blah blah blahs that are sent my way. You will find like me that new coping skills develop. You become stronger too.

4 Comments
About the Author
Learning to deal with the effects of COPD - one day at a time. I am a survivor and new steps in improving my life style. I work full time as a CSR for a Plumbing Manufacturing Company. I am married to a supportive husband and a daughter who are my rock.