cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One year and beyond!

856beverly
1 10 95

Hello everyone!  I have not be on this board recently, I hope all my friends out there are doing well!  My one-year anniversary smoke-free, nicotine-free was September 20, 2015.  

The sounds, smells and events around this time of year remind me of my quit date.  I was so shaky!  In those early days and weeks, I obsessed about cigarettes, felt physically ill with nicotine withdraw symptoms, and was generally a mess!  I had my "foundation" to turn to for strength:  And I consider that to be the facts I learned about smoking, the books I read and videos I watched, the support of the EX Community, and my family's support!

I cannot believe the FREEDOM I have today.  Not only don't I think about smoking anymore, I have a very neutral reaction to other smokers.  The smell of smoke is offensive, not enticing, at this point.  I found to each his own, we are all on our own journey!  I have saved hundreds of dollars and restored my health.  And while all these gifts are priceless, I have to say the most precious gift is the positive example I have set for my children and friends and family.  

If you are **just** starting out, KEEP GOING.  Arm yourself with knowledge about what cigarette smoking does to your body!  Learn about the insidious motives of the tobacco industry.  Get out of your own head and do something!  Take a walk, call a friend when cravings strike.  Every single time you don't cave into a craving is a HUGE VICTORY!  I promise you, it gets better and it gets easier.  

Thank you all for reading!  God bless.

Beverly   

10 Comments