cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One year 5 months later

cowboyup
0 3 51

Sorry i have been away for so long there has been alot going on with the family so i have been pretty busy                    just rescently my father was diagnosed with a brain tumor and just passed on on May 28 of this year and the furneral was yesterday.                                                                                                                                                                        Trust me when i say that yes i thought about starting smoking again but i know that if i did it would sprial into the same pack a day monkey on my back that i gave up a year and a half ago ( I AM STILL SMOKE FREE !!!! ),                    If you are thinking of quiting or you want to quit you have to remember the most important thing                                        ( YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT ) i did it 17 months ago i feel better food tastes better and i don't smell like an ashtray. Here is what worked for me ( No drugs no patches no nicotine gum ) i was a every hour smoker so i did this 

1. WANTED TO QUIT  ( got tired of being out of breath going up a flight of stairs ) 

2. FOR THE FIRST WEEK SMOKED HALF A CIGARETTE THEN THE NEXT HOUR THE OTHER HALF                           ( you smoke less this way ) 

3. THE SECOND WEEK  SMOKED HALF WAITED 2 HOURS THEN THE OTHER HALF 

4. THE THIRD WEEK  SMOKED HALF WAITED 4 HOURS THEN THE OTHER HALF 

5. THE FOURTH WEEK SMOKED HALF WAITED 6 HOURS THEN THE OTHER HALF 

After a month of this i was down to two cigarettes a day then one then just quit . 

The first 15 t0 30 days are the hardest because the recepters in the brain are screaming for nicotine and be careful  of what you eat i did gain weight because i quit find ways to keep busy and you mind off smoking if your friends smoke distance yourself from then so you don't get pulled back to it. 

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL  I DID SO CAN YOU !! 

3 Comments