cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One week being an ex smoker

Donnamoryc
5 11 188

Well, I made it through Hell week, but I think this is just the beginning of my journey but today is the only damn concentrating on just getting through one day at a time and thank God for people like you who are all there for me God bless you all

11 Comments
ReallyReal

Congratulations on making it through that first week--it is really tough to do and you did it!!  Yay for you @Donnamoryc .  Yes, this is the beginning of things, of a new life that is filled with days of freedom.  It is difficult but very doable-- and you are well on your way, one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time in my experience of those early days. You CAN do this, you are doing this!!  Well done!!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on one week quit, @Donnamoryc! Here are some extra resources that might help:

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/stay-quit/build-new-habit-loop/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/stay-quit/what-expect-after-quitting/

Keep taking things one day at a time and remember, you got this!

- Danielle, EX Team

McMoney

Good job! Way to go!! Hell week is YUCK! The next few weeks won't be a total walk in the park but you know all you have to do is distract yourself and do ANYTHING else, as long as you don't smoke, You WIN!!  Keep going, it gets WAY easier and WAY better and you are WAY worth it!! 
 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

McMoney_0-1705766019322.jpeg

McMoney_0-1705699995246.jpeg

YoungAtHeart

Look at YOU!  

H#ll Week?  Check!

Heck Week - NEXT!

You GOT this!  Keep adding one day at a time.  Before you know it, a month will be in your sights!

Nancy

Donnamoryc

What what does heck week mean?

Barbscloud

@Donnamoryc Congrats on your first week of success.  That is a major achievement.

Use your quit tools!  If you can, go for a walk.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barbscloud_0-1702821178930.jpeg

Stay busy and stay close.

(Heck week is week 2)

Barb

biscuit9

@Donnamoryc   Congratulations on getting through hell week.  Distractions are very important.  I did alot of writing/journaling the first few weeks.  Not unusual for your emotions to be all over the place during this time.  USE your tools.  Jolly ranchers, walk around the block, I took fancy baths with lots of smells early on.  Stay busy and distracted.  Since one puff will always lead to another for an addict, just no nicotine.  

Remind yourself that you are not giving up anything, but you are gaining control of your life, BACK.  This takes a little time.  Embrace the jouney of gaining back your control.

YoungAtHeart

To answer your question, we call the second quit week Heck Week because most folks still find it difficult to get through, but not as difficult as the first week (H#ll Week).

Stay busy, distract, change things up, get some exercise and fresh air!  Just get through each day and they will add up! It is going to get easier!

Hang in there until it does.

Nancy

Donnamoryc

Thank you all for all of the wonderful support. You’ve given me so far it really has helped. It is a struggle, but I know it will be worth it one day at a time.

indingrl

Congratulations 1 week nope dear friend @Donnamoryc 

One day at a time you are worth it dear one 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on 1 week smoke free!

Quiana, EX Team