cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One of my friends mom died this morning.

triomommy27
0 16 213

She lost the battle to lung cancer. They found it last summer because it had spread to her hip and was in her bones. I guess she went quickly this morning. I knew she wasn't doing well but I didn't realise it was this bad. She kept saying she just wanted to die. I know she was in a lot of pain. My heart aches for my friend.  I just can't imagine lossing your mom and having to explain to your kids. I've known my friend and her mom since we were in 7th grade. By 9th grade we used to sit around smoking and chatting about high school with her mom. Fast forward to last summer, she was my neighbor and we would have coffee and smoke together outside all the time. She would always water the plants on my front steps for me. She is one of the reasons I seriously considered quiting again and here I am. Starting my quit over on the day she passed. 😞  This is why I'm here. This is why we are all here, to choose life over cancer.

16 Comments
gardenangels

So so sorry sweetie.... its a terrible thing to lose a friend... and maybe its no accident that this is your quit date.  xoxo thinking of you.

sandyhyllgrl

And may she rest in peace free from pain finally.

My condolences to you and your friend for your loss.

Everytime you look at your plants on your steps you will see her love for you.

zenagrin

JonesCarpeDiem

it causes pain

the result of smoking and loving it

vickys79

Dedicate your quit to her memory.

aztec

REMEMER but for the grace of G-d , there go I

maggie_8-1-2010

Condolences" />

Strudel

I am so sorry for this loss. You will remember this date. I am so very sure that she would be so proud that you have quit. Please - take care!

catharris78

So sorry for you and your friend and her family. Stay strong for your friend, She will need your strength.

jojo29

so sorry to hear this very sad news, wen my mom died of lung cancer i quit lung cancer awareness nov 1st and made it her day, i wasnt sure i can do even an hr let alone a day but b/c i dedicated it to her, here iam today never looking back, i just said yesterday to my sister that i feel my mothers death wasnt for nothing, it got me to quit and mayb she saved my life, so dedicate ur quit day to the very special person.be strong  jo

cyn9

I'm really sorry about your friend. Dedicate your quit to her. I'm sure she would be very proud of you.

EllenMT

Condolences to you and your friend.

pir8fan

God we commend the spirit of this lady into Your loving arms! As this person is lost to us, let us keep the lesson. Amen

rlb42

She would be proud of you!  Keep trying!

angel51859

My sincerest condolences!

kristin2013

im so srry for your lose..i agree with everyone and say dedicate your quit date in her memory! stay strong sweetheart....this is another reason your quit is so important....so you can be here to raise your beautiful children and watcch them grow and live life to the fullest! U and your friend r in my prayers! She is in a better place...and in peace..no more pain! she'll be watching over you guys! She is a beautiful angel!