cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One Year Smokefree TODAY!!! xo

joyeuxencore
0 47 184

I don't need to write this blog as my BFF already posted a 'tribute' blog to me but I have been dreaming about writing that blog title above and by gosh I gotta do it!

I want this handy forever...You should have seen me cry like a little girl when I read it! Skygirl teases me mercilessly for being a sappy sentimentalist!!!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/SkyGirl-blog/2013/11/05/countdown-to-one-year-for-my-bff-te...

First of all I have NEVER had anyone write a tribute to me in my whole 56 years of life...THAT is an amazing thing in itself...I have had the privilege of flying cross country, sharing a hotel suite, shopping like crazy and laughing NON-STOP with this gal for 5 days...She knows all my deep dark secrets and still likes me!

Now this whole EX thing: The fact that I can sit at my kitchen table and make a difference in someone’s life still fills me with awe and gratitude...I am so honored to be a part of this community...

A year ago today I was climbing the walls, crying with fear and finishing up 'The Easy Way to Quit Smoking' by Alan Carr trying to justify smoking on my quit day because he says NOT to quit until finishing the book ...Doing furious jumping jacks, screaming and beating pillows, crying some more and sticking my head in the freezer taking deep breaths...

Today I am doing yoga and shedding joyful tears all happy and free. One minute, one day at a time.

ONE YEAR!!! WHOO HOO!!!!

Do the reading, stay close, make friends, don’t smoke no matter what and welcome to your new life! Xo

Me and Nancy on Lake Mead viewing the Hoover Dam at the first EX get together in Vegas last May:

47 Comments
nikki77

So happy for you my beautiful friend!!!

YoungAtHeart

and WOOO-HOOO for you, girl!

Welcome to the 6% Cub!!!!!

Nancy

ljguptill

So awesome and beautiful! Yahoo !

jeanne-8-4-13

Hi Joy,

Congratulations on your one year quit. I am in awe of you. You got me thru the first few days of my quit. I'm grateful to you and all of the ex's who have helped along the way. If there is ever anything I can do to help you just let me know. I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you.

Jeanne

MarcieWhosoever

I know how happy you are! Isnt it GREAT!

congrats! 

Not one hit since the day WE quit! woo hoo! 

Danno_11-10-12

Well done Joy!!! Damnit, Well Damn Done!!!  You are remarkable.  Congratulations to you fellow Quit Friend! xo

LouiseR

So happy for you.  Congrats on one year and many many more!!

whognu_1-2007

das is very goot!

Thomas3.20.2010

misty_dawn

Wonderful and amazing, Teddy! 🙂  You rocked your quit and are such a help to those coming behind you!

Chris265

Well Done!  Congrats.

SkyGirl

Ok, BFF, now I want to see you "scale a building with your bare hands, like Spiderman"!  Not because you are crazy with nicotine withdrawal, though.  No, indeed!  I want to see you do it just because I think you have the confidence to do ANYTHING now!

XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,  Sky

P.S.  I love this picture of us.  Wasn't that Brunch Cruise at the Vegas EX get-together absolutely wonderful?

Mike.n.Atlanta

HUZZAH JOY!!!!! Congratulations & welcome to the club!

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

Brenda_M

I love this photo. Congrats, Joy! I hope you do something really special today.

jojo_2-24-11

Like Brenda said, I love this photo.The two of you look amazing. You can see the happiness and joy on both your expressions, and being on Lake Mead must have been an added benefit! 

gatosdiablos

So thrilled for your success!  Take this day and drink in all the accolades.  This one is for YOU, ALL YOU.   Everything you have done to get here,  the grief, the work, the sweat and the joy,  gives you the right to look back with perspective today and CELEBRATE it ALL.   Smile and think of all the lives you've had a hand in changing!  First and foremost your OWN.

Brilliant job.

Buddy12

You are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for posting your wonderful anniversary!

JRC

Congratulations on one year!!! There can't be enough tributes for all your caring and compassion.

smorgy8513

Can I just say one thing??????

I love your energy, your tenacity and your knowledge!

OOPS,  guess it is impossible for me to say one thing!

Love you to the sky and back!!!

Sharon

phyllis-12-7-15

WOO HOO YOU DID IT

Michwoman

Congratulations!!!!  Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!  You're a wonderful source of inspiration and support for all of us!!  We love you!!

newlife5

congratulations teddy  you are really an inspiration to us all!

we do love you

Leeza

Strudel

Teddy - My dear - CONGRATS again! (Hope you got my text.) I am so very happy for you! I feel your JOY!!! I hope you are celebrating and I hope there is cake involved! Love this picture of you and Sky!!! (I also loved her tribute blog to you!) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

candylance

WE ALL LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH, JOYEUX!! YOU'VE MADE SUCH A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE!! HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!

BUNCHES OF LOVE♥, CANDY    D56 AND COUNTING 

XOXOXOXOXO

judy100

Super, great job!  Congrats on one year and may you have many, many more years of a smoke free life. A big ole bear hug coming your way.  Really, really happy for you!

blitz_40

Wow! You are an inspiration!! Thank you so much for your support : )

Billy_8-3-2013

You have helped so many people.  I applaud you.  Yea!

jooch

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO, I am so HAPPY for you.  I will never forget all the help you gave me when I was in the first week of my quit.  You taught me how to do pictures which kept my mind busy and staying away from the nicotine.  You Rock.

Hugs and Kisses Judy

Jordan-11-1-12

edsel1964

Congrats Joy you are the bomb!!!! Me and Copay are so proud of you!!!

freeneasy

freeneasy

Thanks for being here!

pir8fan

People may forget what you say! They may forget what you do! But, they never forget how you make them feel! You have made a lot of people feel good! You have made a lot of people feel better! And, you have made a lot of people feel loved! Therefore you will be remembered everyday! You are one of South Florida's greatest distributors of "Collateral Kindness! Thank you for all that you do!  XOXOX     Tommy

Magstoyou

Congratulations Joy on  1 year!!! The 6% club. You deffinately deserve it and have worked for it. You have been there  for everyone and especially me I thank you. Thanks for all your help, caring and sharing!!!

Love ya  Mag

Bonnie11.3.2009

It's a great feeling to write that 1 year of freedom blog here at EX!!  So happy for you!  And you're so right, you make such a difference from your kitchen counter!!  Be proud of yourself, you've done such a great job!

kathy_ryz

lisa11209

Congratulations!  I so admire your great attitude!  Very glad that you are hear. 

lois2

congrats on 100 days and many more.

Legend

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

One year smoke free is awesome you are doing a great job staying smoke free and setting a great example for everyone to follow.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sootie

This is a HUGE milestone....so very very happy for you my friend.

YAY YOU!!!!!!

Nyima_1.6.13

Huge congrats....you are an inspiration to many!

Stac2

CONGRATULATIONS ON ONE YEAR MY BEAUTIFUL AWESOME INCREDIBLE FRIEND!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND PROUD OF YOU AND IT IS TIME TO CELEBRATE BIG TIME! I WISH I COULD BE WITH YOU AT THE POOL TODAY TO CELEBRATE IN PERSON, BUT PLEASE KNOW YOU ARE IN MY HEART. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR ALL OF US ON THE SITE, AND FOR BEING SUCH AN AMAZING INSPIRATION TO US ALL.  TEDDY, THANKS FOR TALKING ME DOWN OFF THAT LEDGE A FEW TIMES TOO.  YOU PRACTICE COLLATERAL KINDNESS TO PERFECTION.

NOW, ON TO THE CELEBRATION.......................

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

BALLOONS!!!!!!!!!!!

GAZOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HORNS BLOWING!!!!!!!!!

BANNERS FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!

CONFETTI FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ...

BIG HUGS ((((TEDDY))))

LOVE, STAC

deb162

You my friend are an inspiration to us all, Thank you for being here for us.C\

Congrats to you !!!!!  WTG !!!!

lisa-denise-ely

I am so happy for you Joy!!!  You made it to a whole year - YaY!!!  Keep quit and stay free!  🙂

wishingstar

OMG I missed your huge mile stone. your amazing and and kind.  i second what Tommy said...

marilyn_marmac

Congratulations on your 1 year milestone!  You are an amazing woman, a Joy in every way.  You have been my rock from the beginning of my quit and I know that you are a rock to many. My congratulations come late but my admiration for you grows stronger every day.

Marilyn