cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One Week Quit

SaucyQ
0 6 23

Hell Week is over, day 8 is in progress, and workday craves are not overwhelming. The familiar depression that always came with past quits hasn't set in yet. Or maybe nutritious food, vitamin D, herbal supplements, and lots and lots of water are keeping my mood out of that black hole of gloom?

For my not-so-nutritious lunch, I treated myself to a roast beef sandwich. I almost never eat bread and only rarely eat beef, but I didn't bring lunch today and I earned a One Week Quit reward. Yeah me. The sandwich was delicious – and with luck my digestive distress will be minor. 

My beloved John the Smoker will be at my house tonight. I'll have to close all my windows because I can't stand the cigarette stink getting in. The smell is not at all a trigger for me. I love that I'm stink-free again.

John respects my quit, but we both know we had more close conversations when I was smoking with him. We need to talk about how to spend pleasurable smoke-free time together.

Also, there will be absolutely No Alcohol for me when John's around with his familiar yellow pack close at hand. My quit is too young to risk having a glass of wine whisper "just one" in my tipsy ear. 

Lime water, anyone?

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

It IS a wonderful idea to reward yourself.  Good for you for doing that AND for making it through H#ll Week!

I hope John the Smoker understands that being around a smoker and drinking are very difficult at this point of your quit. Be careful!

Nancy

Terri103

OOOOOOH!!  Lime water sounds so good!  I'm going to get some limes!  I also want to try making some of those pretty fruit waters in the big glass jug.

VITAMIN D---Dippity Doo DEEEEE!!  Since I started taking vitamin D this winter, before my quit, I feel so much better in so many different ways.  Most people have Vit D deficiency, even milk drinkers.  I am so happy to hear that you are taking the Big D.  Get addicted to that all you want!  

It sounds like you have a good plan for John's visit.  My Dad always said to me: remember the 5 P's:  Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

So you got your quit goinig good!  

selmccal

Awesome! I just got past Hell Week as well! You have done this before remember so you can do it again and make it last. I read your profile and noticed the 22% statistic in there. How good would it feel to beat that statistic? I think pretty good! 

I am in advertising so at every event (there are around 2-3 a week) there is a smoking section and open bars. This has been incredibly difficult as it is a part of my job to network and get out there but it is also part of my life to stay away from things that will threaten my quit. 

I chose to talk to my boss, she is a woman and understanding about where I'm coming from. I told her I needed to lay low on the scene for a while, at least until I hit NML and am prepared to be around drinking again. I think I will try your lime water tactic when I am eventually able to do this. It seems like would work! 

Also, Roast beef sandwiches are the bomb. I wish I had rewarded myself with that instead of mac n' cheese. 🙂 

Iwannalife

Congrats on week one!!  you have a great attitude going and the plan with John is amazing! My husband still smokes but we talk an evening walk together and he leaves 'nic' home. We have found it is really easy to enjoy each others company in this manner. We also work in the garden which is a no smoking event.  You can do this and if John is supportive of your quit the two of you will find a quality plan that works for the both of you.

Again congrats on week 1 am happy for you.

Strudel

Lime water is perfect! Congrats on 8 days! (Oh and the roast beef sandwich to celebrate one week - fabulous idea! ) 

John10forteen

Congratulations with an amazing 8 days. Grand idea about the booze, Your quit is way too valuable and precious. I never had lime water, I'm gonna try that. Your "Close" conversations WILL ABSOLUTLY resume again as you continue your quit thru the willpower stage into the beloved willingness zone. No problem, it'll happen so stay true to your quit. your doing great.  

You are doing super. Keep rocking it.