cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One Week Quit

SaucyQ
0 6 20

Hell Week is over, day 8 is in progress, and workday craves are not overwhelming. The familiar depression that always came with past quits hasn't set in yet. Or maybe nutritious food, vitamin D, herbal supplements, and lots and lots of water are keeping my mood out of that black hole of gloom?

For my not-so-nutritious lunch, I treated myself to a roast beef sandwich. I almost never eat bread and only rarely eat beef, but I didn't bring lunch today and I earned a One Week Quit reward. Yeah me. The sandwich was delicious – and with luck my digestive distress will be minor. 

My beloved John the Smoker will be at my house tonight. I'll have to close all my windows because I can't stand the cigarette stink getting in. The smell is not at all a trigger for me. I love that I'm stink-free again.

John respects my quit, but we both know we had more close conversations when I was smoking with him. We need to talk about how to spend pleasurable smoke-free time together.

Also, there will be absolutely No Alcohol for me when John's around with his familiar yellow pack close at hand. My quit is too young to risk having a glass of wine whisper "just one" in my tipsy ear. 

Lime water, anyone?

6 Comments