cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One Month today (28 days)...

ralphh11
0 6 55

Yeah... I made it to a month. Spent about 3 days with only mild issues (kind of out of it and still mild tingling in fingers - hoping that goes away soon!). Woke at 3:30am this morning (without the adrenaline rush this time) and was able to fall back asleep about an hour and a half later. For the first time in a month, I actually feel like I could lay down in the middle of the day and just fall asleep (haven't been able to do that because of the anxiety and low-level adrenaline). All that to say - I think I'm going to take a power nap at lunch because I am POOPED! Haha!

Thanks for all the encouragement! It definetely keeps me from picking up a smoke for sure (though at times I'd kill for one). LOL!!

6 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations on 28 Days.

my own experience after quitting

emotional upheavals can be intensified after we've quit.

I had an emotional down over something that happened. I also had some anxiety attacks over it. The adrenaline when hope of resolution ends that cannot be stopped and takes hours to work out of our system can overwhelm.

A couple years ago, I had a surgery and they kept me overnight for observation. I woke up sweating snd unable to move due to all the tubes and leads connected to me. My back itched and I couldn't get it to stop. My mind had me in a trap. I felt an anxiety attack coming on. I wanted to run to the end of the building and breathe unconditioned fresh air. I was panicing and knew I had to do something to stop it.

I put on my glasses and everything came into focus and it stopped before the adrenaline took over.

So you know how we talk about changing your thinking when you get a craving?

If you do not have a way to jump out of that place before it builds, perhaps this concept may be a consideration.

dale

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 28 days free!

I Won't Quit on my uit!

johio

Well Done Ralph.....Your quit is in good shape...time to dig in deep

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 28 days smoke free.  It does get better .  Hang tough and stay close. 

elvan

Congratulations, Ralph.  I know there are times when you feel like you would kill for a cigarette, please believe that the cigarettes are always waiting to kill YOU!  I am so happy for you that you are making amazing progress!

NewMe

Hang in there. It will get better with more time- as long as you don't smoke. Dale's advice seems good to me.