cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

On the road again

PennyLynn7407
0 12 20

So I got derailed before... but I am working on Day 2. Obsessive thoughts can be a bit difficult to manoever right now, but they're doable. Having to relearn teaching my son, stress in general, cooking, mornings... all without a cigarette. Ya know, I was ready but not willing to do the work the last time. I had to be willing. I prayed for willingness and I got it. I was convicted that I was in sin- remember how I said "Thou Shalt Not Kill" is a commandment and not a suggestion? That played over and over in my head as I was smoking. I hurt Jesus every time I lit up. I was a hypocrite. I had given up my smobriety for what??? To be enslaved. To be in spiritual rebellion. To come to the conclusion I was doing nothing FOR myself but so much TO myself. I effectively ruined my own smoking- Thank God!!! So I'm here. Ready. WILLING to do the work. Able. Yes I believe this is doable... and I am doing it. Peace and love to all of you.

12 Comments
bck55

I've been there many a times.  Try just one crave at a time.  Don't devastate yourself. Get some momentum going just one crave at a time.

elvan

I will not lie to you, I am really sad to hear this.  I am absolutely positive that you can do this, you really have to be ready for the craves and not let them take over your thinking and your LIFE!

JACKIE1-25-15

Don't beat yourself up.  Willingness and forgiveness work together.  We have to love ourselves more than we have before.  You are worth it.  Save your life. All things are possible if you only believe. Congrats on 2 days you re on your journey to freedom again.  Don't give up.  Come here when you need help.  You can do this. 

tjanddj

Glad to have you back here with a willingness in your heart to continue on with your quit journey. Congratulations on day 2!

jonilou

Congratulations on day 2! Onward you go!

TerrieQuit

Penny, I am so glad you are back! I know you can quit, girl, I just know it! Shucks, you already have! Congratulations on getting to day 2. Keep moving forward! Call before you smoke!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

Now Stay, please!

bonniebee

My main motive for quitting was because I felt it was wrong to be putting poison into the body that God has given me... He says in his Word that the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit so why would I want to destroy it . He has asked me to give it up for the past 41 years and i failed everytime until  now I am at 602 days of freedom and breathing God's fresh air and feeling so much better !

I believe you can do it Penny ! remember when you are weak then He is strong ! I thank God i found this community of Ex'ers !

All of us together form a strong Bond !

MarilynH

I really am happy that you are back with all of us Penny, stay willing, determined and totally committed to succeed and then you can and will be successful in this your precious ongoing quit, keep moving forward stacking up those splendiferous DOF! 

shashort

Woohoo welcome back Penny.  You CAN do this make the commitment and stick to it doing whatever you have to not to smoke no matter what! NOPE for me.

shashort

oh yeah and congratulations on day 2 YAY!!!

Cindiboo

Amen !!! Ok girl here we go!!! FREEDOM SWEET FREEEDOM'!

we will have you write us a song !!

Giulia

I don't think there's a thing I can say to you that I haven't said before. 

Keep choosing freedom long enough to experience it!