cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

On my third day

all-good.
0 3 7

it hit me like a brick. I ate a pear and went to work today, and was stuck not wanting to move in the back room for about 5 minutes. I was sweating and not doing so great at all, it felt like I had eaten an entire horse. I kept waking up last night also every couple hours, then I'd fall back asleep. It's been alright so far, I've had mild withdrawals most of the time spiked with some severe pain. I have to say last night I was very tempted and was going out to get food but decided to wait until my craving ended before I went. On the way over I wondered what would happen when I got to the register, and when I got there I just knew that I wouldn't smoke and smiled and paid and left. So I'm doing alright, I feel much better right now, but I just hope it gets better soon. I know that it's better without nicotine in you, but I hope that the thoughts of 'giving it up' and 'missing out' on what smokers have will not make me start up again.  That's the real enemy once all of the nicotine is out and I'm used to my life without it, keeping a firm grip on what it's really like in my mind to keep me from going back to it in a moment of weakness. Thanks for your support so far

3 Comments