cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

On Day 3 and Feeling Thankful

Metroguy
2 11 186

I'm on day three and am so thankful I have made this decision to stop smoking. I stopped in the past, almost for a whole year, only to become disappointed because I fooled myself into thinking I could have "just one". I'm sure many here have played that game.

But here is the thing - I KNOW better now. And I am committing to leaning into all of the support systems I have set up as part of my journey. My focus will be taking it one day at a time, not looking at tomorrow and certainly not looking back. I can only focus on today - and today is a gift!

Metro 

Tags (1)
11 Comments
About the Author
I began my relationship with cigs around the age of 16. Now at 52, I've decided that relationship has been caustic, unhealthy and life robbing. In 2010, I had actually stopped smoking for an entire year. And then one day I made the mistake of thinking I can have "just one". Well, we all know what happens next. I am choosing the approach of one day at a time. For me, this means not focusing on tomorrow and not looking back. Instead, it's all about today - because today is a gift. Each morning, I will be writing something to be happy about in my gratitude journal. My coping strategies include coming here for support, engaging in daily exercise, changing familiar patterns, and engaging in heavy self-care. I can only focus on today with this addiction and I've come to accept that. I'm sending positive energy your way.